• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chattanooga

i'm new here , but been in chattanooga my whole life . i got a red 90xj (stock ) with nitrous , flowmaster . getting lifted this weekend and going to 31's . this is my 1st xj , and i know little about them , but i've had a bunch of cj's . i live in eastridge . you people might have seen me running around . it say's FATBOY RACING on the back glass .

see ya

eric

Since this thread is back from the dead... I'll post up. I have a White and gold 93 country 4dr. It has had 3 inches, 31's and a roof rack for 6 years (since before they were cool). I just put on a 5 inch lift 2 weeks ago, trimmed up, and put on some fresh 32's. I live in Cleveland and work in Collegedale.

Going to Coppengers Cove this weekend for 3 days, but soon we should have a Chattavegas XJ day. Lee94 and I have ridden together before, and I have seen most of you guys I'm sure.

Local Update-
Owl Hollow is still closed
Prentice Cooper is open but mostly dozed
Aetna is open for good
There is a place in cleveland off APD 40 that is a nice proving ground
Coppenger Cove is huge and open
Browns Chapel road is on Signal and is open
And there are 100's of miles of 2 track and trails in the Hiwassee / Reliance / Ocoee area.

HarveOut-

Harvo said:
Since this thread is back from the dead... I'll post up. I have a White and gold 93 country 4dr. It has had 3 inches, 31's and a roof rack for 6 years (since before they were cool). I just put on a 5 inch lift 2 weeks ago, trimmed up, and put on some fresh 32's. I live in Cleveland and work in Collegedale.

Going to Coppengers Cove this weekend for 3 days, but soon we should have a Chattavegas XJ day. Lee94 and I have ridden together before, and I have seen most of you guys I'm sure.

Local Update-
Owl Hollow is still closed
Prentice Cooper is open but mostly dozed
Aetna is open for good
There is a place in cleveland off APD 40 that is a nice proving ground
Coppenger Cove is huge and open
Browns Chapel road is on Signal and is open
And there are 100's of miles of 2 track and trails in the Hiwassee / Reliance / Ocoee area.

HarveOut-

Hey, congrats on getting the lift done. I hope ya'll have a good time this weekend. Thanks for the update on the local trails. I'm glad to hear that Aetna is back open. We need to get together soon and ride. I'm all for a Chattavegas meet n' greet.

I agree (the meet 'n' greet). Problem is, the Army is sucking me away for a year next month, and besides, I'm stock. All stock...except for the tires. So I couldn't do any hard rides anyway (though I'd love to try!)

Anyway, I'd love to meet up with some of you all, but if it ain't soon-ish, I won't be able to go.

Not that it matters that much :laugh3:

i'd love to ride aetna . when did they open it back up ? my brother-in-law is on a land lease . and has said nothing about it ? let me get my lift on and thetires and i'll be ready to ride . theres a place just down the road from prentice cooper thats pretty good wheeling from what i've heard .(southfork ) ?? but i'd be willing to ride aetna any time , rode there for years till they close it down .

yeah. Aetna is cool. my friend blew his engine there a few years ago.

water doesn't compress like air does.

I'd like to know how ti find out officially if it's open. Last time we thought it was open, we were chased out with a gun yeilding angryman.

any way of finding out officially?

cidion
---------------
Blue XJ, 33''s, aligator strapped to front of jeep.

Well I don't have the green XJ anymore. I do still have my 89 tan one that I am just starting to work on again. I am toying with the idea of Dana 44's under it and some 37's, but that will have to be this summer. Right now I am wheeling a 95 Land Rover Discovery. I went up to aetna a few weeks ago. We just went in down by Cummings Cove where they are eventually going to build. I use to run up to Owls Hollow at least once a week since it was so close. We never went in throught a neighborhood though. We went in a back enterance that was off a back road. Prentice is a mall crawler hang out now. I can't tell you how many Jeeps I pass up there with a body lift, street locks, and at's. All the ledges and ruts that use to be there have been smoothed out. Browns Chapel is ok, just pretty short.

Chris

Aetna is open if you know the right people. If some of you want to hop over to my club's board, we have a bunch of guys from Chatt that could prob give you some good info.

http://rebelrockrunners.org/phpBB2/index.php

well i know this thread is like a year old. But im in Chattanooga and would love to go weeling just about any weekend. I do need some front tow hooks. Ive looked around junk yards in Rossville Ga and no luck...so if you know of a yard that has some xj's that would be a great help.

Back