• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cat stolen...

89Daytona

NAXJA Forum User
How many people have had their catalytic converter stolen from under their jeep/vehicle? My Uncle had his stolen while the jeep was parked during the day at a Park 'N Ride. How much do these thieves get for converters to make them worth the effort of cutting a persons exhaust apart in freezing/snowy weather?

thats pretty sad

it musta been for their use on their ride to save them the $50-$120. I cant see used cats being a hot sale item, i bet they are like $5 at the pick n pull and brand new they are only $50 with a warranty from summit.

I agree its pathetic.

someone tried stealing my brothers but either missed it or didn't finish the job as they cut about a 1 foot section just behind the cat...and that was it.

I used to work in a large salvage yard, we got about $5 each from the recycler..thats for a giant dumpster full... Assorted sizes and styles...was about 5 or six years ago though.

If anyone finds the cat that bit me they can get a $500 reward. Seriously rabies shots are expensive.

{disregard first message friday is drunk night}

Last edited:
My friend who has a frame & alignment shop has had several customers cats stolen while the cars were waiting for service.Cut the pipes with a sawsall .
Wayne

my sister had a cat named mittens. he was all black except for white paws. that's why she named him mittens. never saw that coming did you?

I'm going to be quite honest, I also thought this was for the ANIMAL....not the car part.

It's becoming quite common, as mentioned. The burglamers are goin for the platinum and other high $$$ stuff in them. They basically just take some tools and hack the thing off in a matter of a minute. How nobody sees them is beyond me.....

You could probably make some money driving around and finding em on the side of the road for free.

2yxpsmh.jpg

Yeah, I was gonna say look into the nearest Chinese restraunt... I guess it's getting close to the time when you need to have an alarm of sorts... but instead of a siren, you need a debilitating jolt of current... 1 Amp with 250V behind it should stop them from taking anything from your car... :D

artsifrtsi said:
Yeah, I was gonna say look into the nearest Chinese restraunt... I guess it's getting close to the time when you need to have an alarm of sorts... but instead of a siren, you need a debilitating jolt of current... 1 Amp with 250V behind it should stop them from taking anything from your car... :D

AND it'll get you a nice murder charge as well!

Back