• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can't find links (using search)

Shoveller

NAXJA Forum User
I'm not an idiot, actually fairly smart with a lot of common sense. I can't find anything using Search! There are way too many threads out there! LOL That's not true - I found and saved several links on different mountings for switches.

I'm looking for links to different CB and GPS mounting ideas. I thought I would find a ton of threads, but only found a couple of indiviual build threads.

I have an idea for the NAXJA bigwigs. Have sticky master picture threads were people can post pics, but not comment. No lie - I just went through 1500 threads on CB mounts alone. Think of all the multiple "Let's see everyone's (subs, roof racks, tires, cb mounts...)" threads.

Your the one having issues High Speed.

From the link in post #2.

Google also comes in handy when you're searching for something that is only 3 letters long (or less). NAXJA's search engine doesn't work for words that're 3 letters or less, but Google does! OME or EMU for instance will return "No Results" through the search engine, but Google finds over 200 instances!

:flamemad: :banghead: :puke: :cry: :bawl:

Just screw it.

Thanks for the awesome links and helping me out. Oh wait...

At least now, I know the EXACT SAME AMOUNT as I did before.

I know how to use Search. I have used it many times and have always found what I needed. This one time (well 2 different items, 1 log-in session) I can't find what I need and ask for help, and all I get are responses about using Search?!

Why can't people just answer questions without someone (and there always is) responding with the assumption "hey have you tried Search"? I know there are lots of people who don't search before asking, but many of us do, and 1 out of 10 times we need real help.

Whatever. Thankfully I haven't spent any money. Maybe one day, but not now.

Dude, chill out. Some assume you haven't searched, but others simply realize you haven't yet learned to search correctly.

The key to searching is throwing some quotation marks around the groups of words or phrases you're looking for.

If you were to type, "cb mounting locations"...you may have come up with these results. Similarly, if you were to type, "gps mount"...you would have come across these results. Furthermore, Google is a great tool to search NAXJA. Simply enter your search criteria followed by NAXJA, and you'll pull threads pertaining to your issue.

...and a word to the wise, if I may...the easiest way to NOT get help is by b!tching about not getting any help.

Last edited:
Not to mention, the reason you dont see a lot is that there really isn't a lot of options. XJ's have pretty tight cab areas....you can mount it in place of your stereo, off the side of the consol on the passenger side, shoved between the console and the seat, or mounted up on the dash....don't think I've seen overhead mounted unless it was in a caged rig or buggy.

As for the GPS, no comment....I don't have one nor have I seen anyone that does so I can't help ya much

Dude, chill out. Some assume you haven't searched, but others simply realize you haven't yet learned to search correctly.

The key to searching is throwing some quotation marks around the groups of words or phrases you're looking for...

Heh, I never knew that....thanx! =D....now I'm glad this thread got started :D

:flamemad: :banghead: :puke: :cry: :bawl:

Just screw it.

Why give a tard a fish when I can teach him to fish?

Oh I'd hate to answer my own question but it's obvious the tard will be too arrogant and wont take any advice or learn anything. Silly me

Back