• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can a lifted XJ really tow 5000lbs?

Pulled 4830 LB a lot. No lift.
I say sway bar. Addon trany cooler if your gong to do it much at all. Change trany fluid ever 20~30k, oil ever 3.5K. Maybe syn oil if your towing heavy, hot and long. Keep tire PSI up and your speed down.
Life is sweet, towing with your XJ.

MJs are much better for towing! I pull full size Jeeps with mine (up to 6500lbs) on 33" tires on dry pavement. (need a trailer with brakes for wet roads!)

I wouldn't tow anything other than a jet ski with it.....i have problems with my 01' yukon towing my xj rock crawler on a 16'trailer..... i wouldnt ever try it the other way around

You didn't mention ( or I didn't read) whether or not the 20' trailer is a flatbed or a cargo trailer. If its a van/cargo trailer, be sure to account for wind. In my opinion that would be the determining factor. You'll likely encounter challenges in hilly terrain if that is the case.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Back