• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Camp Jeep

EricT

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone going to be there next week?

I volunteered to help guide, so I'll be there. Leave here sunday afternoon.

I went a few years ago. It's kind of one of those things that are fun to go to every few years. The biggest thing is the cost. Way to much. If it wasn't for that I would go more oftan.

A bunch from MAJ,remember them,will be comming out to guide as well.
Wayne

EricT said:
Anyone going to be there next week?

I volunteered to help guide, so I'll be there. Leave here sunday afternoon.

Wayne Sihler said:
A bunch from MAJ,remember them,will be comming out to guide as well.
Wayne

Yep, I remember. They will wonder who this person is that has a MAJ sticker with Idaho plates.

scoobyxj said:
I went a few years ago. It's kind of one of those things that are fun to go to every few years. The biggest thing is the cost. Way to much. If it wasn't for that I would go more oftan.

I look at it as a working vacation. I haven't guided for camp jeep since 2002 when they were in virginia.

This one is in Wisconsin at Road America (aka Elkhart Lake)

Well, I leave tonight. Will be traveling up to Big Sky country going along I90 to I94 headed east, so if you see a dodge 3500 towing my jeep, it will probably be me.
golden_spike5.sized.jpg

EricT said:
I look at it as a working vacation. I haven't guided for camp jeep since 2002 when they were in virginia.

02 was in the Ozarks, Missouri. 03-05 in Virginia . I'll look for you there in Wisconsin. I think it's a great vacation. Good trail rides, good concerts, good Jeep history, and I think it's designed to show a lot of folks what their vehicles are capable of, folks who otherwise wouldn't know. We went as a family in 02 and 03 and it really helped my wife understand my obsession.

Most expensive vacation ever for me 2 years ago. Took the wife and daughter (my son and I went the year before). Arrived home on Sunday night by Wednesday we traded the minivan for a brand new WJ, columbia edition. It is a great family vacation.

well, just got back a couple of hours ago. jeep is still on the trailer as the truck is still mostly packed. will take care of that tomorrow. it was good meeting you steelblue.

Eric, sorry I couldn't stay around and talk more after the trail ride. Really wanted to but my father-in-law had to get to a SRT ride. Thanks to you and all who gave up their time to be guides, that is just greatly appreciated. Did you get a chance to do a SRT ride? You got to go out on one lap around the Road America course in a Grand Cherokee SRT, Magnum SRT, or Charger SRT. Four vehicles at a time, all the same make. Profesional driver in the lead car maintaining pace. You had to agree to not pass. I decided to get in the last car in our group of four, figuring I could lag behind then catch up. Worked well, I was able to hit 110 mph on the straight aways. Everyone was waiting in lines for the Magnum's and Charger's, so my father-in-law and I got to go right on the track in the Grand Cherokees, no waiting. The SRT Grand has a 6.3L hemi, 450 hp, 0-60 in 5 seconds, it was just awesome! I hope you had a chance to do it, the trails rides were a close second in experiences there, O.K. , not so close but they were a lot of fun. Hope to see you again and thanks.

I did a ride along, did not get the chance to drive them, but I did do 5 laps in my jeep on wednesday

My father in law did the ride along also, said the driver was taking the corners at about the same speed we were doing the straight aways, that must've been pretty cool. I didn't get a chance to do that. You got to take your cherokee out on the Road America course? How was that? That SRT ride was absolutely the best event ever offered at Camp Jeep. Don't know who got the Daimler/Chrysler guys to sign off on the liabitity for that but they deserve a pat on the back.

Damn, wish I had seen this earlier. I attended a Track session for 2 days up there back in 2004 with the quattro club of america in my Audi TT. That is an amazing track to get to play on. A couple Audis went into the sand traps, and were burried up to their doors. I am sure the GC wouldnt have had that problem. :)

Back