• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Call for Beer! Tuesday 3-29-05

XJFang

NAXJA Forum User
In the interest of promoting fellowship come join me at the Goose Island Brewery On Tuesday March 29th from 7:30 to 9:30 for a beer or two to discuss XJ's, XJ modification, music, current events or what have you.

All MWC members, NAXJA members, forum lurkers and friends (SO's, etc.) of such are welcome.

This is in no way an official event! Won't resemble one, won't emulate one, or try to be one and should not be construed as one; no-way, no-how!

Goose Island is easy to get to and there is parking if you drive. Directions can be found at: http://www.gooseisland.com/pubs/clybourn_dir.asp

hmmmmm...we have the 22 week sonogram Tuesday afternoon in Downer's Grove (hoping for a girl this time so Jennie can retain some sanity).

Sounds like a good last round with the Chi-town crew before shoving off to Ohio (notwithstanding Meatfest II).

Will confirm Tuesday morning.

As close as it is for me...

The missus will be at work and I will be on Raven duty...

AC-DC "Have a drink on me!!!"

As one of Cindy's two nights off, it will be her decision, but I'll try to talk her into it.
How's the food there? If we could go early for a nice dinner it might be more appealing to her...

lesslimited said:
As one of Cindy's two nights off, it will be her decision, but I'll try to talk her into it.
How's the food there? If we could go early for a nice dinner it might be more appealing to her...

The food is good. I'll likely be eating there too.

lesslimited said:

If we go we will be eating there too. Tell Cindy we would like to see her again, it's been a while.

Jake's on spring break so, most likely, out for evening. That means dad's free.
I'll try to make it.

much2real said:
Will provisions be made to keep 'former members' out of the fold?
Safety is of primary concern, at least for me.
Thanks.
Damn right. Don't need no lil pricks messing up NAXJA for the rest of us.

I've been lurking around for awhile but I wouldn't mind
meeting some of you guys over there. I work not too far
from Goose, but I'll be spending the day at jury duty, yay!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Might just consider meeting you guys there none the less, without the "Sweet Nectar of the God's", but I won't be as happy.

BTW across the street from Goose Island, Sam's Liquor... you name it, they have it. I advise all to consider taking the short journey across the street to walk the aisles of Sam's.

-Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to the BULLS / Grizzlies game tonight. One trip into the Windy a week is enough for me. Thanks anyway!

...BOB

Fake ID's....

Be careful in PUBLIC... take these thins to PM. Someone may consider you a little prick otherwise!!! :gag:

For clarification... This is an open invite for those who can legally get into the joint. There won't be any exclusions other than that. :)

As for this...
Last edited by Mark Hinkley : 25 Minutes Ago at 15:24. Reason: Let us keep the discussion of "Legal" activities!

What have you all been doing while I try to work today and not slavishly follow the going-on's here?

Looks like we're in. We prefer to have dinner early, so will try to get there around 6:00. Anyone else at that time?

Oh, and we'll be in Cindy's ZJ in case she needs to drive home :cheers:

lesslimited said:
Looks like we're in. We prefer to have dinner early, so will try to get there around 6:00. Anyone else at that time?

Oh, and we'll be in Cindy's ZJ in case she needs to drive home :cheers:

I'll look for you when I get there. I'm in Ohio for business and my flight won't get in till 5 or so. Figure I'll be there about 6:30 or 7 to beat the rush. :D

Sean has a meeting at 3:30, so depending what time that gets over we will be there around 6:30 or 7:00.

Back