• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Busted Sway Bar Axle Mount

Bronco

NAXJA Forum User
So I noticed some funny handling and on investigation I found this hanging from my Sway bar link. Clearly it has been cracked for a while and finally let go.

I thought about welding it up but the way it's broken and with all the stuff around it so close I don't have very high confidence that a repair can be made as good or better than new.

I have another housing that I could just replace it with. That is a lot of work. I'm not sure if the gears in it match or if they would need to be swapped as well. I would have to redo the ball joints As there are none on the replacement.

Anyone ever seen this failure? Suggestions on the best way to fix it?
SwayBar4up.jpg

I'm not really an expert on XJs or anything, so you'll have to take this with a grain of salt, but it looks like your mount may be broken.
:moon:

i would just make it go back on... obviously you said it doesnt match up perfectly to re-weld, and i cant see why thats so.... but i would make it work with peices of scrap metal, if not just re-fab something, it is just a peice of metal with a hole in it.

Well the make it go back ons have it.
I had a guy weld it back and add gussets to both side for $60. I'll see how it goes, but as of now its better than a few days of wrenching to swap the housing.
thanks for the help

glad you got it sorted out without swapping axles, it'd be a shame to see a d30 go out of commission for something so small.

Back