• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bumper painted different color

enthusiast

NAXJA Forum User
I have a bumper that is blue and need to get painted to match the white on my XJ. Where do you guys get your stuff painted with quick turn around?

thanks!

Why not just paint it yourself?

You can get most auto paint supply stores to put color matched paint into aerosol cans and they use the good cans/tips that spray really nice.

I have done a couple bumpers on XJ's that I flipped using these spray cans and it turned out as good as using a booth and HVLP gun in my humble opinion......

I get my paint in spray cans at Allen Paint.
Address: 2498 W Hampden Ave, Sheridan, CO 80110
Phone: (303) 744-1755 http://denverautopaint.com/

I have a bumper that is blue and need to get painted to match the white on my XJ. Where do you guys get your stuff painted with quick turn around?

thanks!
Where are you located? I'm in Loveland. If you got a pint of single stage from a good automotive paint store, I can shoot it for you.

Great info on the rattle cans.
On the subject, what do you do about pulling out a sheet metal love tap in the side of a vehicle? Beyond entry level paintless dent repair. Had a buddy with those hand suctioncups try to help me pull it out and we tried a few dozen pulls over an hour or so and could not get them to move.

It all depends on how bad and where. Post a pix.

Like Tom said, it really does matter where the dent is in relation to stamped/pressed body lines, curvature of the metal, if the dent has a sharp center point from what hit it or if it's smooth, etc.

I've had some success - 2 out of 3 quarter to softball sized smooth dents fixed - using the heat and freeze method. There are several youtube videos on how to do this method, very easy.

My new truck had a dent - passenger door handle struck something when swung open - and it left a C-shaped dent around where the handle mounts to the door surface. There was a line on one side of the dent where the door skin folds over the edge of the door frame, it wasn't a smooth dent, but the paint hadn't cracked or lifted.

I was amazed how good the paintless dent repair turned out.

Thanks, but still can't figure out the image uploader here.
I post on other forums all the time.
I try in firefox and IE and there is no manage attachments button.
I bypass the "quick reply" box and click the "post reply"
(why would you have to do that?)
and then click the add image button, I only get the option to post a URL.

Is everyone here uploading url's from photobucket etc or am I the only one not seeing the manage attachments button?

Just tried on a completely different machine with less aggressive firewall/popup blocker, same thing.
Downloading tapatalk for my phone now.

7978a18519163532091f83f84a3aaea0.jpg

OK will get through in Tappa talk but fascinating that I can't make it work off of my PC will transfer the photos to my phone here in a bit

cbd502dd9281fcbd6831ae0604690ebe.jpg
7689605f84132a77ab04f021ea289dc8.jpg
bbb5116294ca8eb7ea2b84cb1a2f2888.jpg

OK here we are finally. So the idea is not to make it anywhere close to perfect. Just to alleviate a little bit of the visual.

:) Thanks, just grabbed the most recent pic to try uploading from tapatalk.
Still have not figured it out on PC but guess I might not need to now.
Webmasters should be aware though I'm sure that drives off some members.

Plenty of sirloins and peppers to go around if you get those dents out!

:) Thanks, just grabbed the most recent pic to try uploading from tapatalk.
Still have not figured it out on PC but guess I might not need to now.
Webmasters should be aware though I'm sure that drives off some members.

Plenty of sirloins and peppers to go around if you get those dents out!

Naxja does not host pix. You have to store the pix on some type of system like photobucket and then link the url to the pix. A search on here will explain it further detail.

Great info on the rattle cans.
On the subject, what do you do about pulling out a sheet metal love tap in the side of a vehicle? Beyond entry level paintless dent repair. Had a buddy with those hand suctioncups try to help me pull it out and we tried a few dozen pulls over an hour or so and could not get them to move.

Given the pix, that is way past the suction cup or even dentless repair possibility. For that level, I grind clear patches of metal and use a pin welder.

Thank you for your help.
I thought there were pins you could drill into the metal and pull it out mechanically.
But probably past what I wanna spend on that old work truck ..

As for the photos, it seems to say here you can upload from your computer.
Again, I tried on three different machines and never saw the manage attachments button. Only the paste url.
Maybe these instructions are outdated?

http://www.naxja.org/forum/faq.php?faq=vb3_reading_posting#faq_vb3_attachments
Attachments and Images How do I attach a file to a post?
To attach a file to your post, you need to be using the main 'New Post' or 'New Thread' page and not 'Quick Reply'. To use the main 'New Post' page, click the 'Post Reply' button in the relevant thread.
On this page, below the message box, you will find a button labelled 'Manage Attachments'. Clicking this button will open a new window for uploading attachments. You can upload an attachment either from your computer or from another URL by using the appropriate box on this page. Alternatively you can click the Attachment Icon to open this page.
To upload a file from your computer, click the 'Browse' button and locate the file. To upload a file from another URL, enter the full URL for the file in the second box on this page. Once you have completed one of the boxes, click 'Upload'.

Thank you for your help.
I thought there were pins you could drill into the metal and pull it out mechanically.

The pin welder I spoke about does the pull out bit, but without drilling holes.

Back