• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Built HP30 and 8.25

turbobrick

NAXJA Forum User
Moving up to bigger axles, so I have this fully built set up for sale. I'd like to sell as a pair first before splitting them up. They came out of a '99 XJ. So they should drop into most XJs with minimal work, but will require some fitting. I'm asking $3900 for the pair.

The front is a high pinion, non-disconnect Dana 30. It has 4.88 gears, 27 spline ARB, Solid diff cover, lube locker, truss, inner 'C' gussets, outer axle tube seals, EMS Dana 44 hub conversion, stainless brake lines, Iron Rock Offroad over the knuckle steering, IRO track bar, all steering has been double sheared, PSC assist cylinder, Clayton lower mounts, stock upper driver side mount, no upper mount on the passenger side, chromoly inner and outer shafts, Longfield 300m ujoints, spare chromoly inner and outer shafts with freshly rebuilt Yukon chromoly Super Joints, wheel studs at 5x5.5 currently (can be placed at 5x4.5), couple spare heims for the steering.

Last edited:
The rear is a Chrysler 8.25. It has 4.88 gears with a 29 spline ARB, 29 spline Alloy shafts, spare 29 spline Yukon chromoly, Solid diff cover with lube locker, IRO truss, WJ disc brake conversion with KJ parking brake cables, stainless brake line, raised shock mounts, diff skid with integrated traction bar mounts, slip and twist traction bar, slim spacer/adapters 5x4.5 to 5x5.5.

thats a killer price on those axles. super killer.

Very good axels! you did a nice job building them, I just wish my budget would stretch that far to take them off your hands.
They should go fast.

I'd like to see more pics of the 8.25 skid and who makes it.

Wish I could afford this combo. GLWS

For that price I probably couldn't even build that front end. let alone both. killer axles guys. take your tax returns, sell your axles, and buy these bad boys!

I'd like to see more pics of the 8.25 skid and who makes it.

Wish I could afford this combo. GLWS

Dr. Smash in Carson City built it as a one off. He likes the traction bar to have a front mount near the pinion yoke, so he makes skids to give him a mount in that area. It's really nice peace of mind, and the traction bar works great. The XJ would just lay stripe with zero wheel hop, makes the rear end feel linked in that regard.

I can also include the IRO long arms in the package. I can guarantee that they fit the mounts. Just build a crossmember, add some springs and a track bar mount and you are done. I forgot that I have a PSC assist pump that I can include too, it does need to be rebuilt though.

qamesa5a.jpg

ebuny7aq.jpg

Dam!!! thats a nice setup there.. Put me inline if you end up parting out. i want those 30 chromos for the kids jeep.. Good Luck!!

HOLLY COW!!!! omg that is the killer set up. man am i crunching numbers right now lol. wish i could afford.

cant wait to see the rig this goes under

It is a great set up, worked amazingly. Didn't want to blow them to bits with the new 37s, stroker, and heavy foot, so they came out before the abuse.

This is them under the rig they were in.

It is a great set up, worked amazingly. Didn't want to blow them to bits with the new 37s, stroker, and heavy foot, so they came out before the abuse.

This is them under the rig they were in.

Nice rig! What tire size?

Back