• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Built Dana 44 Rear Axle: $850.00 or Best

Skwerly

NAXJA Forum User
As many of you know, I picked up a WICKED Dana 44 axle, but because the spring perches weren't in the right place and I was in a hurry, I didn't throw it under the Jeep. Here are the specs:

Dana 44 rear axle. Dynatrac chromolly shafts. 4.88 gears, Auburn locked. Full functioning disc brakes.

The only problem (for the XJ crowd) is that the spring perches need to be moved 2 inches outward. I think this was off a truggy of sorts or retro-fitted to a Toyota of some kind, and so was custom.

Anyhow, I paid $850.00 for it, so I'm asking the same OBO. Lemme know! As for pics, trust me, it looks like a D44 with disc brakes LOL! This is one hard core rear end. E-brake cables are even present, and in good condition.

*MIGHT* consider trades. Whatcha got?

you couldnt just cut off the perches and weld them on 2" outward? one of my buddies did that.

Yea, I coulda done that, but the axle will have to be rotated a tad to do that, and I didn't have the time. I just put a Dana 44 under mine in a hurry, so I'm running that one now. :)

If you drove over here we could have done all that on it ;)

BACK up for sale. Turns out, it's an inch shorter than an XJ axle as well.

So, needs spring perches, and is a tad narrower. It is from an Isuzu Rodeo, apparently. Good information!

Paid $850, would LOVE to get that out of it, or trade for something really cool. :) Spread the word!

Derek can you take a few measurments and pics and email me? I think I found ya a buyer but he needs to know what's the furthest the perches can be put on the spring under side and the offset if any on the pumpkin

Sure, I'll take a couple in the morning. Right now, there are NO perches on it, but I have perches. The guy who bought it said that it's 59 inches from disc to disc, and everything else is standard 44. An XJ 44 is 61 inches, the guy said. But I'll put up a couple pics tomorrow. :)

good deal, i just sold mine for 900 and it sold FAST with no brackets or pertches on it.

Back