• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Build thread White '99

Yep, They are the JK rubi take offs. They are a good tire, and a good size for the XJ wheel well. I dont rub at full stuff, or when turning. I've pushed my axle a little forward though, to recenter the tire.

Thanks, I scored some 17" JK take offs myself for my 98 XJ. They have the factory OE tires though. Like I said above im torn between 265/70 or 255/75...I really like tall and skinny though so the 255s are a front runner right now

In anticipation for our summer road trip to Utah, I've been looking the Jeep over. I had been hearing a pop in the front end, and I found the culprit. In my rush to finish the front axle, lack of resources, and ignorance, I used some tubing i had laying around to fab the TB mount on the axle. SO now I'm fixing my ignorance.

Don't mind the rust..... the northeast has some mutant road salt from hell.

I ordered some DOM tubing off eBay, should hold up better. It will take a bunch of cutting, but it will be a good winter project.

For awhile now, I've needed to get longer shocks. I took the coils out and traveled the suspension. My current Fox 2.0s have been a great shock, but they are 17" compressed and 26" extended. I need 19" compressed and around 30-31" extended. 11-12" inches of travel isn't bad for only 4.5" lift.

Another Issue is the TRE's on the drag link is binding and preventing the suspension from fully extending. Looks like I may have to put Heims on the Draglink. Unless I've installed the TREs wrong.

I have a little bit of work ahead of me. Once the front is solid, I need to move to the back an install HD off road no-lift shackle re-locaters. My shackle angle almost doesn't exist, and the ride is rough in the back.

Finished up the track bar repair.

Removed the old track bar mount.

I welded in the new DOM tubing, not as thick as I thought it was going to be, but it should do the trick.

The only place I get the track bar mount to fit is here, but it fits so I'm happy.

A quick coat of primer and a splash of paint, and she good to go.

I took it out for a spin, and the pops are gone and she handles like new again! :clap:

So now the next thing on the list are Shackle relocation brackets.

Also, if anyone is interested in the Fox Shocks, I'm selling them. Just the fronts. I believe they're 17" compressed and 29" expanded. they're about 2 years old, but are still a good shock. Hows about $115 shipped?

I like the track bar idea. Have not seen it done like that before

Jeepedo.. are the TRE's that you have on your drag link "high angle" ends? Does not look like it in the pics.

IF you check out the Team Naxja 4643 Jeepspeed thread. That is where I first saw it. Great idea to get TB and drag link lengthsclose to the same. Requires centered coil buckets and other mods.

Jeepedo.. are the TRE's that you have on your drag link "high angle" ends? Does not look like it in the pics.

I don't think they are either. These are the TREs that come with the Ruffstuff kit. Looks like I'll need either Hiems or see if I can get some High angle TREs. Either that or I installed them wrong....

Johnnie is correct, that's where I got the idea from. Cals JeepSpeed thread is a good read. With this set up my Track bar is actually 2" longer than my draglink, and there is no bump steer on the road. She can do 80mph comfortably. :D

Your Trac bar and drag link aren't exactly the same length and are in the exact same plane. You are going to have terrible bumpsteer.

:lecture:

What I really mean is I'm jealous and think it looks perfect.

That's not a bad idea, I'll go grab a can an give stuff a coat of WD40. When I was back in Utah, they had salt, but it didn't seem to rust as crazy as it does in New England. They must have engineered it to destroy cars so you have to buy a new one every couple years...

I think if you just get 1-ton high angle TRE's you will be good to go.

Back