• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Buckin Tattoos. ink by Buck.

Can't complain about that.
No complaints here. Lol
Good for you man. you deserve it.
Thanks man. I think it's really starting to show in my work.
Have you seen that show on tv about the tatoos, you ought to mail them your portifolio ,you put them to shame .

Yeah. I've seen it. And I don't want any part of it.
I'm trying to take tattooing back to what it was.
Not the artwork but the culture.
Trying to eliminate local scratchers.
Trying to unite real tattooers and tattoo enthusiasts.
The way the industry is going, I want to be my own person and unite with others that want to take back the industry. If that makes sense...

I had a guest artist in the shop this weekend.
He kinda refocused me on my dreams and the artist I want to become.
I feel like I'm finally making it somewere.
It's like something finally clicked in my brain this weekend. Lol

Yeah, Cody and his work is true art and talent. Pure to the core.

Those Tattoo TV shows - while they do employ very talented artists - they've certainly sold out to the mainstream media. You get to see a little of their tattoo skills...... covered by a whole shit-ton of drama and tv filler.

I could give 2-shits-less about Cat VonD's hairless cat, her celebrity relationships and some homeless druggie fan she gets all charitable about..... Although I do get some entertainment watching Chris Torres push Ami James' buttons....... it's all just too much in the end. I dig the parts of the shows where you meet the client, hear their story about the tat they want and then watch the artist do the piece.

The one guy on those shows that truely seemed to see through the media B.S. when he tried out the TV position was Corey Miller (from Cat VonD's series LA Ink). You could tell he was looking at things from a business aspect and how it could help his family - but he seemed to get his fill pretty early and bailed.

Tim Hendricks also seemed to be a bit troubled by all the drama the TV stuff brought on when he took a partnership with Ami James on Wooster Street (NY Ink). Didn't take him long to bail.

I'm still trying to figure out how Ami James got so big. All he does is asian art/lillies/butterflies and buddhist stuff. Megan Massacre has him beat by MILES...... and she's a hottie too. :D

I'm telling ya Cody..... If I can ever figure out something I'd want inked...... you're my guy. Unless Megan comes to town..... ;)

Last edited:
Started color on Garrett's koi half sleeve today.
In progress.
Thanks for looking.
90C60D0D-9789-40E3-9E5A-74C51F623C53-22787-0000352285D1960E.jpg

Love your color...just so smooooooth

Have to agree with Mike on this. Some of, if not the best coloring I've seen! That and nice crisp lines.....very nice work, Cody!

If I ever decide to get inked again, you'll be seeing me!

Have to agree with Mike on this. Some of, if not the best coloring I've seen! That and nice crisp lines.....very nice work, Cody!

If I ever decide to get inked again, you'll be seeing me!

Thank you! I try. Lol.
I can see many flaws in all of my work. But then again, I pick every piece apart a lot more than others do.

You know what they say, you will always be your worst critic!

Explain to me why Koi are an object to be tatooed?? They're just a carp. Tatoos look good, I just don't get the Koi part.

Back