• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake line flaring tool

Ok does anyone know where to find a good flair tool with the button/attachments that I will need. Is there a tool that does all 3 flairs? With good quality.

go to toolsdelivered.com and look under refrigeration tools. then automotive, then tubing tools. you will all what you need for flaring tools. by the way, these are snap ons industrial brands tools. and this site sells them at GREAT prices. i bought my A/C vacume pump and guages through them and they are awsome.

It was mentioned earlier, lube the flair well, I have found the drill oil works great.
I wouldn't use oil for fear of leaving the contaminant. I just use clean brake fluid.

My xj is an 89 renix does it even have a prop valve?

does it have ABS?
If not:
Follow the lines to the proportioning valve.

If yes:
Tear all of the crap out and start over, you'll need to get a look at one that doesn't for line placement.

My xj is an 89 renix does it even have a prop valve?

Yes, it is the brass looking thing right under your master cylinder, It will have 2 lines going in and 3 coming out(2 to the front brakes and one to the rear) unless as said above, you have ABS

The MJ is a whole 'nother animal as it will have 3 going in and 3 going out. the extra line going in runs from the load sensing valve in the rear which is nothing more than a variable proportioning valve. I eliminated the load sensing valve on my MJ when I installed the 96 XJ booster/MC/prop valve.

Back