• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BOD Nominations?

DrMoab

NAXJA Forum User
National and other chapters have posted BOD nominations...

Any thoughts on getting some up here?

Also, are any of you three BOD guys thinking of running again?

Thanks for the reminder, Ryan.

Someone else needs to run for President. If we have someone who is hesitant to step into uncharted territory and no one else from the current BOD wants to run for reelection, I would be willing to run for treasurer to help the new Pres. and VP get their feet wet.

Sounds like a great idea to me. It seems like it's tripped up more than a few willing volunteers in the past that I can think of.

I think the intent of the rule is to make sure someone is here for the long haul before we elect them into a position, but most years it seems like we have to pull the "someone step up or the chapter disolves" card. Having a BOD member that disappears mid-term can be handled easier than reforming the chapter.

Sorry I haven't weighed in. I had to do a quick trip to Mexico for my mother in law's funeral. I am O.K. with lifting the restrictions and I am also willing to run for the BOD again. I don't know most of the members very well, but I am meeting them as they get to events. Having said that, I have to make the disclaimer that I am sometimes called away from Utah on short notice for work. I cannot predict when.

Having said that, I have to make the disclaimer that I am sometimes called away from Utah on short notice for work. I cannot predict when.

I don't see this as a problem. When I was the Pres I was out of state every day.

I really wish smart phones would have been around my first three years. It would have made the job a lot easier.

So Steve, are you willing to accept the nomination for Treasurer/Secretary for 2014?

Also, what steps would be required to approve the waiving of the 1yr prior membership status requirement for BOD office?

I would do the secretary-treasurer again. At least I will get the paperwork and the outstanding funds before mid-year. Also, I believe that this position will have a few more responsibilities in preparing for the Fall Fling 2014. Like you posted in another thread, an online registration would be a big plus and I think I can talk my son into designing and running it. He'd better be able to do it, as he is a senior at the U. in computer science and computer engineering.

As far as the 1 yr. prior membership waiver, I have no idea. I am into my third year and when I ran last year I already had more than a year in the club. Does anyone know whether this requirement is from national or is it a chapter rule? If chapter, I would suggest unanimous agrement of the current BOD would be enough.

I still think we need to change the length of the term too. We are the only chapter I believe that does a 1yr term.

Brought up the idea of bypassing the one year requirement to hold office with the national bod.

It's a chapter level issue. It only requires a 2/3rds vote to bypass.

I would suggest voting for this as a special case for one year. It would get some more people running. Things aren't looking so good right now.

To clarify, 2/3 of the whole chapter to waive the one-year membership requirement? Or, 2/3 of the BOD? I vote aye in either case. If this needs a whole chapter vote, we need to post it in the general access section, correct?

As of the last membership list (MacGyvr posted 9/30/2013) there are 44 active members in the Intermountain Chapter. That takes 29.33 votes to pass; in effect 30 votes. With Israel, Chris and myself that makes 3.

Last edited:
To speed this along should we PM a few of the chapter members? I would imagine that there are a few that could miss that thread for a week or so.

To answer Steve's question. If I remember right its just 2/3 of the BOD vote.

Back