• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Blower Motor Woes

Bah765

NAXJA Forum User
When I first bought this (99) XJ the blower fan only worked on high, no big deal. Had awesome heat and defrosted the windshield nicely. With the research I had done the blower motor resistor was mu culprit. Not a problem, $30 and 15 min then the problem should be resolved! Well....

I never got around to changing it out because, hell, it wasn't very high on my priority list. Then one day hardly any air is coming out on the high setting and I can hear a "clicking" sound coming from what I presume was the blower motor. At least it was coming from that region. So I head on down to my local auto parts store and buy my replacement resistor. And all of a sudden, NOTHING!

I am still searching my garage for my volt meter, I think a buddy might have it. What I would like to know is do I need to remove my blower motor to apply 12v to it? This is my first XJ and am still learning.

Thanks,
Brendan.

I forgot to add that it would not always work on the high setting. It would usually work on first start in the AM. I would shut her off and when I went to start it back up, no air. Sometimes I would hit a nasty bump and it would kick on. I could sometimes also smack the kick panel and it would work.

Back