• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BFG KM2's any good in the snow

gabe4

NAXJA Forum User
Has anybody in the northeast run these this winter, Are they a good snow tire? I'm talking ploughed packed roads not off road.

Yep, they're good. Probably not the best snow tire, but there are a lot worse!!

As long as you've got a good feel for the vehicle and know how it behaves, that's more important, IMO, than the tires. Good tires definitely help, but if you can't drive for shit, nothing is going to help you!

Not a bad tire at all good grip and a great self cleaner. I think they work better in hard pack.

ok thx. I think I'm going to go with them or cooper stt's whichever I can get for a the better price

i love mine. just got a fresh 5" down here in northern va. they did great today, they really bite down thru the snow. i hit the brakes and the jeep stops better then when its dry. dont do really good in ice(nothing really does any good on ice). they clean out super quick, i mean i was tossing fishtails 3ft in the air

Just got the lift and KM2's on yesterday, 8" of fresh snow today...talk about good timing, anyways, had em on the road before the plows came, no problem what so ever. After the plows came, i am very impressed how well they bite down through the packed snow. I pulled down my street and into the driveway which was all solid hard packed snow and ice from being already plowed, and when i got out and looked back to my tracks....the hard packy snow was all broken up and i can see pavement. I had the interco trxus mt's before this on my last jeep and even w/ the siping they had, i have to admit its to close to call. Thumbs up on these so far!

Back