• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best of Craigslist

Umm...I saw a Ford Woody sell for 100 grand the other day. So 11,000 for an unrestored one is not bad.

I dunno - you could easily spend that $100K just to restore the damn thing. It's one thing if the body is all still mostly together so you can figure out how to re-build it....... but that thing has crumbled. That's gonna be like trying to put a puzzle together and missing half the pieces, then taking the time to re-create the missing pieces to complete the puzzle...... $5K maybe, but $11K seems outrageous........ but then again, it likely will be worth more to a true woody enthusiast...... :dunno:

I dunno - you could easily spend that $100K just to restore the damn thing. It's one thing if the body is all still mostly together so you can figure out how to re-build it....... but that thing has crumbled. That's gonna be like trying to put a puzzle together and missing half the pieces, then taking the time to re-create the missing pieces to complete the puzzle...... $5K maybe, but $11K seems outrageous........ but then again, it likely will be worth more to a true woody enthusiast...... :dunno:

It is definately NOT something I am interested in but like you said, for someone who is a Woody nut it is probably tempting.

I was stunned at the price the Ford I mentioned sold for.

I know seriously! I should do it jus to get a jeep. hahahaha

$500? You kids need to get out more. Fencing materials alone are going to run into the thousands. That guy is nuts.

too true - materials for 600 linear feet of fencing is probably over $6,000 at todays pricing... I mean you'll have (100) 4x4's, (1500) pickets, (150) 2x4's, 20lbs of screws/nails, plus a boatload of concrete to set the posts. Add to that the week or so it will take you to do it, along with a rental of a posthole auger (unless you feel like stretching the project another week with a manual digger), and you are getting raped, even for what is a fairly pretty XJ!:doh:

Back