• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best Campground in Moab

The_Rock

NAXJA Forum User
I've stayed at Slick Rock before and want to know if there is any better with cabins and a pool or is Slick Rock the best to stay at?

I stayed at the KOA on the south side. It was a little nicer from what I remember. There was more spacing between sites. It was a lot quieter.

The Portal (right next to Slickrock) has nice new cabins, but the tent and RV sites don't have very much (read any) shade. It should get better as thier trees mature.

RockTracXJ said:
My brother and his wife run a park in Moab. Haven't been there yet, but it's still got my vote for best! :D
http://www.moabvalleyrv.com/

so do we get the "hey i know your brother via NAXJA" discount? :D

i need to figure out where i'm staying for EJS...

terry

Your brother place looks good since we were planing on staying in cabins. The web site said no trailers parked at the cabins so I need to check on that. We might trailer one Jeep out

MMIXJ said:
so do we get the "hey i know your brother via NAXJA" discount? :D

i need to figure out where i'm staying for EJS...

terry

I'll have to work on that! Sounds like they're getting booked up for EJS.

The_Rock said:
Your brother place looks good since we were planing on staying in cabins. The web site said no trailers parked at the cabins so I need to check on that. We might trailer one Jeep out

Just call him (Tex) up and ask him about it. The website was from the previous owner's, so all the rules might not necessarily be the same.

RockTracXJ said:
Just call him (Tex) up and ask him about it. The website was from the previous owner's, so all the rules might not necessarily be the same.

Your brother's place really is probably the nicest, cleanest place in Moab. The only big problem with staying there is if you want to have some jeepin' friends come to hang out with ya. No one but paid guests were allowed in when our friends stayed there. Security gates and a guy on a golf cart kept a very tight perimeter. We wanted to grill dinner and hang out with them one night, but weren't allowed to.

Hopefully that's one of the rules that changed.

I'll second what Tom said. We've always enjoyed our stays at the KOA and always use their cabins. They recently built several new private bath rooms that are great and the hosts are very helpful and friendly.

YELLAHEEP said:
Your brother's place really is probably the nicest, cleanest place in Moab. The only big problem with staying there is if you want to have some jeepin' friends come to hang out with ya. No one but paid guests were allowed in when our friends stayed there. Security gates and a guy on a golf cart kept a very tight perimeter. We wanted to grill dinner and hang out with them one night, but weren't allowed to.

Hopefully that's one of the rules that changed.

I'll second what Tom said. We've always enjoyed our stays at the KOA and always use their cabins. They recently built several new private bath rooms that are great and the hosts are very helpful and friendly.

I saw that on the website, too, and thought that was bunk. I'll have to have a little chat with him. :twak:

Back