• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Barnwell

x2elite

NAXJA Forum User
I am wanting to go back to Barnwell soon (probably one of the next few weekends), anyone care to join me? If others are coming down I may camp down there, otherwise I may just go down for the day.

I wish I could but not this soon... sorry. I would like to wheel with you again. As long as we go below 20 mph.

I hear ya bro, just let me know when you want to go, and I can make it happen on my end.

Theres a work weekend next weekend at BMRA. Im sure a bunch of us LSJC guys will be out there. It will be some work and some play but its always a good time.

Yeah we know about the work weekend... A bunch of us can't make it so we worked on our trail while we were there.

A good buddy of mine and I will be coming to the work weekend for the day on Saturday at Barnwell. Anyone else who can make it should come. We will be there early that morning. Should me in my white xj, and his Xj is red. We will see you there Paul.

Make sure they know you're with NAXJA and make sure you hit X-way so we get trail clean-up credit. Also, keep your eyes peeled for potential campsites.

That was exactly what I had planned. I figure i would spend most of my work hours working on X-way, and then while wheeling that afternoon look for possible campsite locations, and take some pictures to post up for everyone so that we can maybe start gettting an idea of where we want to build.

I have been looking at BMRA on google earth and I found a few good spots at the top of the mountain. They look big enough for a nice camp site and trailer parking. I just wish I could see them in person to get a better idea.

Are those spots accessible by the main roads? That would be the best case scenario so if people wanted they could bring their campers/trailers/tow rigs to the camp. I can try to check those spots out as well if you want Kurt.

Yeah they are right off the main road. If you look closely you can tell where the level ground with trees on it are. And I have been looking for spots with not alot of trails around it. I think I found a few and I will try and mark them of a map for you Justin, ok? I know there is a spot over by where we had to resuce Chia from himself.

Yeah if you can just take the map file from their website, and save it as a bitmap, or GIF or whatever format works for you, and then circle the areas you have in mind in paint or photoshop, and email me the photo I will definately check it out.

PM me your email and you got it.

Well guys I will be out there tomorrow, hopefully I will see some of you out there.

Back