• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Are you a wheeler or XJ owner?

Wheeler or Owner?

• OFF road

Votes: 139 82.2%
  • On Road

Votes: 30 17.8%

• Total voters
im also both... i use mine for a dd to work and school until i get a little econo box.. looking for maybe an old satrun... i still wheel every chance i get! re4.5 with 33s home made front bumper. lockers and regear coming soon...

I also go both ways.

With the jeep that is.:D

80% pavement and 20% off-road.

Both, and I tow with them as well. I have 4 XJ's.

90' Laredo- Daily driver, bass boat tow rig.
94' Country- Fixing it up for my soon to be driving teenager
96' Country- Trail rig(I call it a "Trail Sleeper") and back up DD
00' Classic- My oldest son's ride

I only have one rig,and it goes where ever the hell I want it to.
I'm not really fond of traffic, or roads for that matter. I do have to go to work 5 days a week (to pay for toys & beer), and that's in town, so I guess the ratio would be 4.5 out of 7 days a week on road.

KarlVP said:
Just checking.

Do you take your XJ offroad, your do you just have one for everyday driving?

Odd question. Did you SEARCH? ;)
What about you?
Why are you interested?
Why make a Poll about it?
Why is the Sun?
When will it actually snow in the midwest?
Why?
Why??
Why???

The answer to your original question is: Yes.

The XJ has been my DD for 11 years. We had a YJ for the trail. The YJ will be my summer convertable and winter plow truck now and the XJ will soon become my trail vehicle, as soon as I get off my arse and get my lift and axles together.

i have one xj i wheel and put up with as a driver
and a 2wd mj im getting ready to start driving its kinda a mild prerunner type thing
so soon enough that one will be barley streetable.
here goes the downward spiral agian.......

It off-roads better than the ole wagon, and we don't HAVE to tell her every place we go.

After listening to some of you talk about the "cheap Jeeps" and the "disopsable" axles, "disposable" bodies, etc., it's not an off-roader. It's a pavement pounder, we are not "disposing" the mommymobile as long as it survives her driving: So far, so good.

BOTH ,
the xj ( monster minivan ) was purchased to be a family vehicle with room for 4 to go camping and get around regardless of the weather .
living this close to the lake , when it snows hard enough the drifts can be 3 ~ 4 ft. deep in the driveway just outside the garage.
since the family left , it's my only vehicle ( daily driver ).
and it's getting difficult to find legal places to wheel without driving for hours to get there.:piratefla

Definately my DD. Only gets to go off-road when me and my 2 boys go camping or fishing or on fire trails/logging roads when responding to a brush fire.

Mine is more of an enchanced trail rig, doubling as my DD. It serves me well as great trail rig without breaking the bank. Somewhere there has to be a point of deminishing returns as to how much money to throw at an XJ. That level of course is determined by each individual....

Myself, I don't want to modify my XJ to the point where I have to trailer it around. I guess if I want something more beefy; that would warrant more than modified stock axles, I'll put my money towards a tube frame buggy & a trailer, and call it good....

Back