• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone used or heard of this bedliner?

we have done a few DIY liners.... and for the time and money involved, I'd just pay the extra few bucks and let the shop do all the work. The last one we did wasnt any less money.

Viktor said:
we have done a few DIY liners.... and for the time and money involved, I'd just pay the extra few bucks and let the shop do all the work. The last one we did wasnt any less money.

If it was for a bed, I would take your advice. But it's for the interior of a cherokee. By the time the shop masked and prepped everything it would cost a whole lot more than a DIY job. I could do all the prep myself, but then would have no way to get it to the shop.

Steelerfan said:
That stuff is the same price a Herculiner. So if it were me I'd go with the know brand.

Same price...exactly!! From what I've heard about Herc, I'm willing to look for something a little better, especially for the same or less money. The thing that sparked my interest in this company is they're highly commercial. Not just bed liner, but all sorta different stuff including Navy ( or at least so they claim).

Its a good product. It stinks like hell when you are applying it though. The only other downside that i have seen about it is that unlike herculiner and other liners like it is that Whataliner dries to a hard surface. You have choices of grit for grip or smooth. When i say hard surface, i mean HARD surface, there is no rubbery feel to it like other bedliner products. I used it on my trailer and later found where chunks of it had broken off on the underside from where i contacted rocks. It was an easy fix, just paint on more into the holes. Although I think it is a good product for general protection and rust prevention, I would not go back to it again, I like the rubbery surface of poly liners better.
Buck.

Plus: Its Canadian eh? :looser:

roXJeepr said:
Same price...exactly!! From what I've heard about Herc, I'm willing to look for something a little better, especially for the same or less money. The thing that sparked my interest in this company is they're highly commercial. Not just bed liner, but all sorta different stuff including Navy ( or at least so they claim).

I've used Herculiner my self and I was very happy with the results. When you hear about people having bad results it's normally because they didn't do good prep work. Using any of these types of products is sorta like painting the better the prep work the better the finished product. I intend to herculine the interior of my XJ. Which will happen as soon as I can get enough time.
And as far as the cost that some one refered to as being almost as much as having it done, I would like to know how many coats they put on? Because unless they put several coats on it's not nearly as expensive as having it done.

Back