• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone know a good engine rebuilder?

ummm...its always recommended to go with the oem quality parts...
Very misleading/false.:doh: Fel pro has a kit for these rigs & they make damn good parts.
I agree stay away from kits that have been thrown together by senseless people! But reputable shops/companies make kits & those are worth looking at.

As I said, his post is misleading because he saying stay away from "kits"...thats misleading because not all kits are poor quality.I said yes stay away from kits that have been tossed together.
There are quite a few shops they make quailty rebuild kits so yes his post was generalizing & misleading!

Thanks for trying to correct me though!

x2 on russ or mike. i don't know if Scott Tell is available for rebuilds and would recommend him as well.

ive always had bad luck with Felpro kits whereas OEM have never failed.

As I said, his post is misleading because he saying stay away from "kits"...thats misleading because not all kits are poor quality.I said yes stay away from kits that have been tossed together.
There are quite a few shops they make quailty rebuild kits so yes his post was generalizing & misleading!

Thanks for trying to correct me though!

I'm not trying to correct anyone, I'm just advising that oem is always preferred.

I am currenly working on 3 ho motors and a renix. I do the nasty dirty bits and Russ does the voodoo magic machine work. It's all feldpro gaskets mildon oil pump, oil pan to valve cover (so you don't have to clean your old one) new improved lift cam and lifters. We are working on 4 different levels from a stock runner / DD to a monster 5.0 stroker.:firedevil It's done right, Russ def knows his stuff, I have had a few of my motors built by him and they all rock. Prices are very competitive and you get more than you pay for.

If you have more question, pm me.
Mike

Hey Mike, your pm box is full. Anyways I just wanted a rough estimate of both cost and time. I need something very close to stock as this may end up a class legal jeepspeed rig in the next year or so. Also where you are located. Just shoot me a PM if you like. Thanks so much!

Guy

Sorry, in the process of cleaning out the mail. Email me at greasemonkeysmobile@yahoo or call 9498129554.

Pics up soon

Webdog just rebuilt a Renix. Ask him, maybe?

Umm... you're better off sending it to me if that's the route you're gonna take :p

But seriously, I like doing things myself. Machine work obviously gets sent out. Everything else is in the parts and install. Getting everything within spec is always the tedious part but for me its like putting lego's together. If you are mechanically inclined i would say to try and rebuild yourself. But dont skimp out on quality parts. You will pay in the long run if you do.

Russ i hear builds motors for a living so i guess you cant go wrong with him. :) Mike is a bit closer to you i think so my bet would be that you hit him up 1st.

Good luck. :thumbup:

just as a point of order, the value of a good hot tanking should not be underestimated. Also, if it is your first engine build, better to practice on something other than your daily driver. JMHO.

Back