• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone here a civilian heli. pilot?

staticrevolution

NAXJA Forum User
Hey I am switching majors over to Av. Science to get flight training and my two year in Av. Science. I was considering training in helicopters but I am thinking maybe fixed wing. The fixed wing program is 277 hours of flying on three types of planes from a cessna 152, 172 and some sort of twin engine plane. The Helicopter program is 200 hours in an R-22 and thats it. I would naturally assume that airplanes pilots have more opportunities is this true? Any pilot info is appreciated.

looking at your avator i would assume you already have a couple of hours under your belt.

anyone hear a civilian heli. pilot?

no what do they sound like.

lol i've flown in both fixed wing and rotary wing (gee i wonder why:D) and i would agree with go fixed wing first....you can always pick which one you like better....once you get your civilian, go for your commercial, so you can get picked up almost anywhere. but thats just my suggestion. once ya fly a helo, you'll understand why fixed wing are boring;), but thats my 3 cents

Kris

Well I am all registered up for fixed wing classes begining sept.27th and your right I can change if I want more later. From what I understand most companies that employ pilots wont even think about hiring someone unless they have a BS. So looks like in about a year and a half I will have to transfer to a four year school that teaches aviation science. Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing? I still dont have a clue what I am going to do but I fugured I ought to get some specific training for something and I LOVE flying so....

static, i looked into it, and in my own personal opinion, one of the best schools in the us is the university of north dakota.....their aviation science and helicopter/fixed wing school is one of the best in the nation. plus a lot of army pilots have recommended it to.....but its an idear for ya, if you are willing to move outta the great northwest.

Kris

Back