• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody going to Socal anytime soon?

JJacobs

NAXJA Forum User
Trying to figure out how to get a bike in a box from HI to CO. Still waiting for a call back from some freight forwarders with price quotes. In the meantime just trying to think of other options to get it back here. Not sure if the boat ride or the CA-CO truck freight is going to be the majority of the price. So, anybody going to be in Southern CA with a pickup or room on a trailer for a crate any time soon?

Ya never know...

Must be a pretty friggin' special "bike" (mc or pedal?) to be going through all these hoops to get it from Hawaii.......

Marcus (Gojeep) wanted some roof rack rails and cross bars badly enough he made arrangements for shipping from me to CA, then in a shipping container to Australia...... that was a bit of a production....... I didn't have the heart to charge him anything for the parts....... took 2 months for them to arrive........

Gawd. :doh:

This foot is just not too awfully tasty right now............ sorry.

It's cool Troy, don't sweat it.

Bike's a Yamaha V-Max. When I was 15 or so I rode on the back of the thing from Omaha to San Jose. On a brand new Corbin seat, which if you know anything about those when they're new.. yeah it was fun. :)

I might have the shop that's crating it up go over it first to make sure it's rideable and just cruise it back from CA. Just weighing the options at this point.

I might have the shop that's crating it up go over it first to make sure it's rideable and just cruise it back from CA.

Now that would be kinda cool.......... :thumbup:

That's a long ride. Very long ride. Made it twice on my 600RR. Grants the Vmax is way more comfy, it's still a lot of wide open road with plenty of troopers waiting to hand out tickets. Coming thro the west slope is a fun ride tho

I still remember PeeWee Gleason doing that third gear burn out at the bike intro. SWEEEEET!!!

Ya know, you could combine your new bike with your winter passion....

Jay Gleason, the mag test rider? So you were at the debut in 85? Damn you're old Steve! :)

6:25a to slc, then lax, then lih at 5p their time.. gotta go through stuff, probably sign papers and who knows whatever else. I have a few days so probably get the bike running too.

No Jon, not there personally, but I'm older than you think. I was 19 in '85, and "into" bikes. I remember thinking how insane the Eliminator 900 was, and then the V-max came along, and reset the bar.

Sounds like a fun road trip. I do have a customer (72 years old) who knows Jay personally, and owns a new Max. He takes it out a few times a month, in the summer, to clear the cobwebs from his mind...A bike that fast tends to make you focus.

Back