• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any tire group buys?

carnuck

NAXJA Forum User
I've been looking at replacing my current 33/9.50/15s but choices are pretty hard to come by (seems like only BFG has them anymore) and the $$$$!

Bone stock. Truck used to be 2wd so probably 5.5" (I never measured) The problem is wider tires hit the fenders and suspension (I had 255/85R/16s on it before with ZJ alloy rims. No way it could offroad or turn as sharp as with the 33/9.50/15s)

Most stock XJ rims are 7" wide except for the most basic steel ones (the ones without spokes) which are 6" wide.

carnuck said:
Mine are steel and it's not an XJ. It's an MJ! So probably 6" wide (I guessed 5.5)

The wheels are identical on both, you could have either. If you can describe them I can answer your question more definitively. So for steel wheels, are they 5 spoke, 6 spoke or just have an array of rectangular holes around the perimiter?

Back