• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

any of you guys in the Athens GA area?

in4aride

NAXJA Forum User
Girl is looking at law school @ UofG as one of her top options this upcoming fall.
curious what you guys think of the area and how wheeling is out there?
thanks

I am close to Athens. Athens is a great place. AS far as wheeling goes there is not a whole lot of Rocks around. We have several parks around such as River Rock, but most of the places we ride are a 2-3 hour ride from Athens. I am in a club and we have a member that lives in Athens. Our club pres has a couple of XJ's and is on here (jeepgeek2002) We would loe to have another XJ in the club.
Jason

interesting. well we are planning a trip to scop athens out in april i think. so maybe have to grab a beer and meet some of ya :thumbup:
thanks for the info

just curious, you said not a lotta rocks, what kind of stuff you guys wheeling down there? any pics or links to threads for stuff in that area?

ya i hear it is a great college town to be in. something to do all the time?
hows job market down there? i travel about 40minutes for work now if that means anything...

I am close to Athens. Athens is a great place. AS far as wheeling goes there is not a whole lot of Rocks around. We have several parks around such as River Rock, but most of the places we ride are a 2-3 hour ride from Athens. I am in a club and we have a member that lives in Athens. Our club pres has a couple of XJ's and is on here (jeepgeek2002) We would loe to have another XJ in the club.
Jason

What is the name of your group? Id love to get out with you sometime....just gotta get rid of the death wobble.

What is the name of your group? Id love to get out with you sometime....just gotta get rid of the death wobble.
Georgia Crawlers We meet 2nd Saturday of the month at Manuels Tavern in Atlanta and usually ride on the last Saturday of the month.

just curious, you said not a lotta rocks, what kind of stuff you guys wheeling down there? any pics or links to threads for stuff in that area?
When I say rocks, I am guessing that your location of Springs, is Colorado Springs?? If that is the case we don't have rocks like that around here. Athens is in the North east part of Georgia which is still a good ways form the mountains of North Georgia. The mountains of North Georgia are nothing like the mountains of Colorado.
We used to have Tellico but that is closed down, we have places to ride that are private parks and some National Forest trails. Look at Windrock Coal Creek, River Rock, Beasley Knob , Gulches on youtube. there are tons of videos on there.

we have rocks. They just have a tendacy to be covered in something! Either mud or water or moss. GL with the move if you make it! There is also Uwharre in NC, Callantee in TN and Harlan in KY.

cool ill have to look into those places.

yes colorado springs

i dont neccessarily need rocks (altho i would very much prefer it) as long as there is something difficult to crawl over.

cool ill have to look into those places.

yes colorado springs

i dont neccessarily need rocks (altho i would very much prefer it) as long as there is something difficult to crawl over.

Usually crawling is not done much. It's more of a hit the throttle assault around the SEC. :rof:

Back