• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any bowhunters? Could use some ID help

Ok, I have been shooting guns all of my life. Never really shot archery but I have wanted to get into it. I got the chance to buy a Diamond bow at a silent auction a few weeks ago. The bow itself is nice, good condition, smooth draw, and I only paid $70 for the bow with a nice hard case.

The problem, and reason I need a model for it is that the draw length is too long, so I need to try and find a new set of cams for it to reduce it a bit.

It says Diamond in several places, but no model name. The auction had it listed as a 50-70lb draw bow, set at 50lb.

And now the pictures. Any help is appreciated.

I am pretty sure that this thing is a frankenbow at this point. I may be stuck with trying to find the shop that made it and have them set me up with a shorter draw length somehow, or try to sell it and buy another. I really like the draw and noise level though, so I want to try and keep it.

I sent some pictures to a few makers and talked to some of the guys in their build shop. It looks like maybe a High Country Archery frame, with diamond leaves.

How much draw length adjustment do you need? If you are trying to shoot with a release you could try shooting finger style. You could try changing your anchor style (where you hold the string). I can't see the cams real well from the pics, but most modern bows have adjustable cams for draw length. The other thing you can try is add a few twists to the string or get a slightly shorter string. Thats what I did when I switched from finger style to a release. Either way take it to a shop most guys will give you free advice and could tell you how much adjustment you need.

Yea, most of what I have is coming from a local bow shop. The cams are not adjustable. I need about 2" of adjustment to finger shoot, 4" or so to use a release, which I would rather do unless it is going to really change the bows characteristics.

Thats alot of adjustment, I think the only way is new cams, and then you will need a new string $$$. you are probably better off finding someone who can use the bow as-is and getting yourself a bow that fits you. Especially if you are new to achery you don't want to get frustrated trying to learn to shoot.

Back