• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AMPPE Build

Ok so little update. I got the 81mm ammo chest and threw that up on the roof. It has everything from trunk in and its such a nice feeling to have a trunk again. I'll have a pic of that up later.

I also got to use my winch. The weather has been relatively nice up here, 30's-40's. This caused all the snow to melt and turn to ice. My friends 2wd sedan got stuck so I gave him a winch out
54617e92.jpg

Ok so time for another mega update on the jeep.

Finally got her out and some pictures took her to spring fling and played in the mud.
21219785.jpg

Done a lot of trail riding but no pics.

Then over break I did a lot of work. First I built a custom sub box so I could get my trunk back.

Roughed out
ef4536fc.jpg

Test fit
d8547cab.jpg

Final instal with carpet
a62fdbf4.jpg

Then came the Christmas present, JCR stage 3 sliders.

Hung
1d2c9b3c.jpg

Prepped but no pics of painted
b8380bd4.jpg

test fit
aa85e0eb.jpg

Final product
dcd92afe.jpg

So I know the pictures aren't to good of the sliders but I wasn't able to get to many. I finished their install on Friday. Saturday (today) I left to go back up to college. Its a 7 hour drive and because I can't drive during the dark I only had like 9 hours to do it, so I set out early. When I was switching from one highway to the next I hit an ice patch and lost control of the jeep. At 50 mph I slid off the road, slammed into a earthen embankment, did a crazy flip/roll and came to a stop. I was perfectly fine but my baby wasn't. It took the damage like a champ and kept me safe but the jeep is totaled. I'm lucky I wasn't hurt but Its sad to lose the jeep.

666167b0.jpg

560f031b.jpg

12696b51.jpg

363c0c45.jpg

The car is beyond repair. The whole front end is messed up, rear glass shattered, doors pinned (I had to kick mine open to get out), and the roof rack ripped off the top during the roll. The bumpers, sliders, and roof rack all helped protect me. Even with the passenger fender blown in, the bumper held its shape. The guys at JCR say their stuff is tough as nails but if there is ever any proof this has to be it. So now I'm looking for a new jeep to build again.

THE JEEP IS DEAD

LONG LIVE THE JEEP

Wow the bumper still looks untouched, glad you're alright, most of your stuff should be salvageable, and you can part out some odd ends if you want and that should pay for part of the new jeep

Can I have your cool rear view mirror?

j/k sucks about the jeep man. I remember when I totaled my first jeep that I had for years and had put a lot of work into......still miss her.

Back