• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

amp wont shut off

xjkid08

NAXJA Forum User
ok this has never happened before. i have 2 12s with a 1000watt amp. and the last time i drove it the amp light stayed on. and i was like watever its just left over power. come to figure it drained my brand new optima redtop. i cant figure whats wrong. it always turned off with the key. what could it be???

Is everything hooked up properly ? Is the REM wire connected properly ? I'd start from there, maybe the relay in the amp crapped out on you.

yah dito the REM wire best way to firgure if it is the REM is have the jeep off unplug the REM wire and see if it goes off. if it does then its the REM then figure out if its hooked up to the right wire. it should be hooked up to or spliced into either the power antenna wire or the REM wire which some after market head units have these days. but i would figure it out soon if u have that red top cuz its like a normal battery in the sense that every time u drain it completely u reduce i 35% of its current holding capacity. i now this cuz i had the red top and i killed one of those listenin to the radio til it died and then i went out and bought the deep cycle yellow top that is made to keep that from happenin. good luck

Back