• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aftermarket Headlights

im rockin some rampage h4 conversions with the LMC HD wire harness part # 36-3580.

and there is a NOTICEABLE improvement now i have uber lighting :D

and it was beyond easy to install

You can't buy relays, sockets, headlight connectors, terminals, wire, loom, and fuseholders around here for less than $20. It was cheaper for me to order the Ebay harness (more commonly known as the one BOR claims to have custom made) than to buy the pieces. I really think the EAAutoworks and its clones are a good, cheap solution for a lot of folks, but that's just MHO.

i agree, i was at vatozone tonight and their 30A 5 prong relays are 6 bucks a piece, and if i need 4 that puts me at $25 already, so i'll look for a kit maybe, or look for cheaper stuff online or harbor freight.

95% of the problems ive delt w/ HID's have been from friends who got lazy, and didnt ground back to the negative battery terminal.

I have HID in the car and the high wattage Halogen in the Jeep. Frankly I fine the light color better in the Jeep. The slightly bluer light from the HID have more glare in rain and snow than the slightly more yellow Halogen. Also removal of blue light improves contrast which is why shooting glasses are yellow. This is with the 4K HID, the 6K bulbs would be even worse.

IMO and I'm not trying to be an ass here, That is the most Ass Backwards thing I have ever Heard! Another benefit of HID's(for me0 is that when I am driving at night they don't bug me near as much when I pass cars and even Big Rigs that have them. My cousin has a CTS with HID's and I driving it at night with them. My Jeep will have them eventually I just haven't had the extra cash for them. I am happy with my autopals though.

Last edited:
Hey, so you did get that harness ;)

sure did and come payday ill prolly be ordering 2 more of 'em for my 99 and my wifes 00.

thanks for the info and advice man

i agree, i was at vatozone tonight and their 30A 5 prong relays are 6 bucks a piece, and if i need 4 that puts me at $25 already, so i'll look for a kit maybe, or look for cheaper stuff online or harbor freight.

You really don't need 4 relays. You only need one for High beam and one for low beam. Even with 150W bulbs you only pull 25 amps total which is within the 30A relay handling. Mount the relays close to the lights and run equal length of 12 Ga to the lights and 10 or 12 ga to the battery depending on the length you need to go.

Yeah, he's got his crackberry on him everywhere. Real good about getting back to you. :D

I am looking to replace my seal beam with the Helle Vision Plus H4 conversion
Do I really need to upgrade my wiring? I do not intend to increase the wattage from the 60/55. I have Sliverstar and they don't look so bright anymore (a rock crack in one doesn't help either). Is there a pre-made wiring kit that you can recommend? I'm clueless and fairly good at hurting myself.

just found this website...also just found a thing on head light wiring in the forum here...sorry for the confusion

Last edited:
I am looking to replace my seal beam with the Helle Vision Plus H4 conversion
Do I really need to upgrade my wiring? I do not intend to increase the wattage from the 60/55. I have Sliverstar and they don't look so bright anymore (a rock crack in one doesn't help either). Is there a pre-made wiring kit that you can recommend? I'm clueless and fairly good at hurting myself.

just found this website...also just found a thing on head light wiring in the forum here...sorry for the confusion

First I would recommend getting the Hella E-Code rather than the vision plus. The Vision plus have the American Blob pattern rather than the better Euro pattern. The Euro pattern puts a flat sheet of light out on low beam that doesn't have any hot spots. It also has a 5 degree up sweep on the right side for picking up road signs. The American blob pattern also requires some light to be shot upward to pick up overhead signs which makes the vision plus unsuitable for high wattage bulbs as they will blind oncoming drivers.

With the stock wattage bulbs it isn't absolutely necessary to add the relay harness but you will see an improvement in light output it you do add it. The stock wiring is kind of small and has a long run all the way though the head light switch. You can be loosing as much as 1V in the stock wiring.

I always built my own harness so I can't help on recommending one.

Back