• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adjusting LCA's?

veedubshafer

NAXJA Forum User
I have adjustable LCA's and I was wondering if there was some sort of guide or rule of thumb as to how much longer to make them with a certain amount of lift....example, if you were to run 3" lift how much longer would they be or 5" lift how much longer would they be etc etc...I know there are other things to worry about also but I am just wondering about this - thanks for any advice!

you can use the chart for a ballpark figure, but the best way to adjust control arms is to have the axle centered in the wheel well and to set the arms so you have the correct(in spec) caster and pinion angles. if your at a height that you cant keep them both in spec, get the pinion in spec and the caster as close as possible to being in spec.

you can use the chart for a ballpark figure, but the best way to adjust control arms is to have the axle centered in the wheel well and to set the arms so you have the correct(in spec) caster and pinion angles. if your at a height that you cant keep them both in spec, get the pinion in spec and the caster as close as possible to being in spec.

x2, just a starting point, I always had to fine tune the lengths

Back