• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 XJ FS Rhode Island

Status
Not open for further replies.

iafr8e

NAXJA Forum User
I’m looking to sell my XJ. I love this truck and it was my daily till about two months ago but I bought a little 4cyl for commuting and this needs to go.

It runs and drives great but I just needed something better on gas. My asking price is $2500 which I feel is fair considering I have about that in new parts alone but I am always open to reasonable offers.

I do not have the title for this vehicle but do have my previous registration. RI residents do not need a title to register a vehicle over 10 year old only previous registration and bill of sale. If looking to purchase out of state please check with your local DMV first.

I’ll try to cover all the details but I’m sure I’m going to forget some things so feel free to contact me with questions or to set up a time to check it out. Sundays work best for me but I’m fairly flexible.
185k on the 4.0, AW4 Trans with a NP231 T-case, D30HP front and Chrysler 8.25 with 3.55 gears.
Inspected until 04/12.

Exterior is in good shape but shows its age. Has a few small spots of rot, one on the driver’s rocker which I do have a patch panel for and two spots one on reach rear quarter behind the tires. The front fenders are cut and the rear fenders as well as the front pinch weld are also cut and folded to clear the 33’s.

Interior is also in good shape and has been treated with Herculiner. When this was two small spots needed patching, pretty small maybe 2”x2” patches. Once patched everything was treated with POR15 sanded and prepped and then I put down about a gallon and a half of Herculiner, extra coats were put down in high use areas and it’s been holding up great.

It does need some stuff but nothing serious. There is a crack in the windshield on the passenger side, no horn, no A/C may just need a recharge but I was gathering parts to use the compressor for OBA so I didn’t really bother with it. Also when I started it after it’s been sitting for the past couple months the check engine light came on, but its running fine. I took it for a spin and everything seemed good but it’s worth mentioning.

New parts include starter, battery, both front hubs, front axle u-joints, front and rear pinion seals, full exhaust including the cat, front caliper, new drums, shoes, wheel cylinders, rear axle bearings, axle seals, spring kits, (5) 33x10.5 BFG KM2’s on American Racing D Windows, front and rear Ruff Stuff diff covers with Lube Locker gaskets. I also have an Appalachian Armor transfer case skid treated with POR 15 but not installed.

Lift is a Rusty 3” with AAL, Rock Krawler HD track bar and bracket, ZJ V8 tie rod, rear sway bar removed, homemade front disconnects and rear BPE’s. Nothing fancy but it rides great on road and I think it works good on the trails as well.

Extras include a Hi-lift jack with some accessories like an off road base for the jack and a jack mate, a few recovery straps, front tow hooks with brackets, rear receiver shackle for the hitch, some extra shackles and anything else I have laying around for it.

Thanks for looking.
P1000211.jpg

P1000213.jpg
P1000214.jpg

P1000212.jpg
P1000215.jpg

P1000218.jpg

P1000219.jpg

P1000227.jpg

P1000217.jpg

P1000220.jpg

P1000222.jpg