• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 no start issues

Wiser

NAXJA Forum User
hey naxja,
ive had an intermittent no start for the past 3 weeks. i noticed in the mornings my jeep will start right up but any other time of the day its wont crank.
my symptoms are ( becoming more frequent) ill go to start, the fuel pumps comes on as it should but the starter isnt kicking on.

what ive done so far is swapped out starters, cleaned the battery terminals for a good connection and swapped batteries.

any ideas?? thanks for looking.

also tried starting it in neutral, and still no crank

i rebuilt/freshened the nss about 4 months ago. ill pull it and rebuild it again.

i have spark and fuel pressure. it seems the starter just doesnt get any power at times. maybe a bad ignition cylinder??

Keep at that NSS I had issues like you're having with it for a looong time. Until its fixed the only bypass I know of was just to get under the heep and use a screwdriver to short the terminals on the starter. While that was going on I also had issues with it not going into overdrive as well. I thought it was the starter for a while but manually it always started right up. Good luck

Keep at that NSS I had issues like you're having with it for a looong time. Until its fixed the only bypass I know of was just to get under the heep and use a screwdriver to short the terminals on the starter. While that was going on I also had issues with it not going into overdrive as well. I thought it was the starter for a while but manually it always started right up. Good luck

thanks for the reply. i too, a while back, had problem with the overdrive. it ended up being the nss. never had this intermittent start issue. did urs throw a check engine light code whe. u manually start it?

It never threw a code when I had to manually start it. I only got codes when it wouldn't shift into overdrive. I never got totally figured out the starting problem I got rid of the heep before then so sorry I have no final answer for your question

Back