• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97+ XJ Seats in a 89 XJ 2-door

4WDXPRT

NAXJA Forum User
I've got some 99 XJ Country seats that I want to install in my 89. Has anyone ever tried this and can you simply swap the old seat brackets onto the new seat. The floor is different on the 97+ rigs so something has to happen with the seat brackets. Any advice would be great.

I found these for about $35 at a pull-n-save so the price was great and the seats will be 100% better than the failing OEMs I have in the 89. Do I need to break out the welder and start fabing or is there a simple trick to use these newer seats in an older XJ.

Thanks...

Last edited:
If the seats are from a 4dr they wont tilt forward like the 2dr's!

I've got seats out of a four door but never really have passengers in the back seat. I just want good seats up front.

So no one in all of NAXJA has attempted this...Maybe I should just start looking at Mastercrafts seats. They sell a bracket for a direct bolt in right?

My thought is that you can used the brackets on your old seats (95?) and bolt them to the new seats. (?-country package last year was 96 or 97.... do you have the year right?) :paperwork
Travis

Maybe it was a limited...Definetely a 1999 but it was hit by a train or something. It's the post-1997 seats that I want to use in my 1989.

I guess no one has done this mod?

Last edited:
4WDXPRT said:
I've got seats out of a four door but never really have passengers in the back seat. I just want good seats up front.

So no one in all of NAXJA has attempted this...Maybe I should just start looking at Mastercrafts seats. They sell a bracket for a direct bolt in right?
The brackets are easy to make.Im putting Baja SS's in mine right now!

Back