• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

93 starting issues

rabitz

NAXJA Forum User
hey everyone.
been a while since I have posted. been busy with new job, and new baby too!

I have been trying to iron out a no start issue, but to no avail.

its the classic crank, but no start.
it has fuel and spark.
I have replaced the crank sensor on bell housing.
it has a new distributor.
I have gone over the threads, and internet trying to hunt down whatever it can be, and just am at a dead end.

I have had other Jeep folks take a look, and together we were at a loss, so we thought NAXJA might offer some clues as to what the issue may be.

I am at the point now, where any suggestions may help, and perhaps I may have to get someone professionally to take a look instead of my shade tree knowledge.

please let me know what you have idea-wise.

my schedule at work is 3pm-3am, so ill reply before or after then.

thanks, as always,
Jason

sorry forgot. put new coil in too.

for signal wired, what sensor would you be talking about. my wires and harness look to be in good condition, but I am thinking that has to be the issue.

I was thinking of jumping the wire from the PCM to the Crank sensor, but was unsure of whether or not any other wires tied in to it.

Any ideas for any Mechanics that are in Portland area? that are Cherokee focused?

thanks for ideas. ill start looking in to the harness.

also, I pulled the engine codes and am only getting 12, and 55. which is computer recently disconnected and end of codes.

to make an engine run you need spark, compression and fuel and they all need to happen at the right time. First see if you have compression. It take at least 90lb to fire gas if the compression is low squirt a little oil in each cylinder this will help seal the rings. If that doesn't raise the compression then you have a valve or valve timing problem. It takes spark at the right time. If you have a timing light then hook it up to number one cylinder and crank it over and see if you see the timing mark. If you don't have a timing light then pull the number one plug hook the spark plug up to the wire and crank it over and if it sparks as the compression comes out of the plug hole close enough. If you replaced the distributed then you should double check that the spark is happening at the right time if you have fuel the injectors still need to fire. give the intake a shot of starting fluid or a little gas then crank it and see if tries to start. Then deal with the one you don't have happening. Just a place to start

I will double check the above, from rookies, but I have gone over all that quite a few times times. although a fresh look never hurts.

still hoping for someone to give a shout out for a good mechanic...any help there would be great.

i know it sounds stupid but you dont know how many times i have hear that there is spark but it wount start and i have found either the distriubuter off any were from one tooth to 180 degres or the plug wires off one hole. Same thing with fuel i have seen fuel at the fuel rail but the injectors not fire or the fuel pump shut off as soon as the engine starts cranking. if you have compression and spark it should run on starting fluild or alittle gas in the throttle body.

still noting.

anyone have any mechanic shop? ive tried everything a few times and I am out of options.

I'm really just looking for a mechanic now. thanks for all the other imput.

So here ya go ( hope this isn't your problem) I ran into a guy with a 93, same issue no start, but it did crank. The bottom of his distributor broke. It turned but not at full speed. Never heard of that happening but we talking about a Cherokee!!!

Back