• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

90 2-dr 5speed rebuilding into a dd

sparetire

NAXJA Forum User
Picked up a white 2dr from a farmers field, non-runner. I will be posting pics when I can. But it did have 31" tires with centerline wheels, a 3"lift, and only three rust wholes in the floor(driverside wheel well, above the muffler, in the back under the loop tie down). I have had help from thechief86 in making some of the basic repairs. To date the fuel pump has been replaced, valve cover gasket, engine mounts, but its now a runner.:cheers: Things to still do: replace left door latch, all door locks, swap rear hatch, front windshield, touch up rust spots until painted, swap radiator, replace rear bumper, hmm im sure there will be more as I work on it. Im enjoying the experience of working on this, if anyone has some advice...go ahead. I'll be posting pics soon.

Best of luck with the build. I just picked up an 89 2 door 5 speed in need of a trans swap. It has a 3 inch lift also. It will be a dd as well, I'm gettin tired of waking up and not going to work in a jeep

There was an ax15 at pullapart near sparetire's house the other day. Rain kept
Us from getting it...
His already had an ax15 swapped in, but with an internal slave?

a 90 should have a factory internal slave ax15.....my year was the crossover for the puegeot...ive bought 89 xjs with pukegoats and 89 wranglers with ax15's in them

Nice! Welcome aboard! I want a 97 up 2 door 5 speed one day!

It was good to meet you today. I got the MJ put back together with the fender and bumper I picked up at the PAP.

Look forward to meeting up again!!

It was good to meet you today. I got the MJ put back together with the fender and bumper I picked up at the PAP.

Look forward to meeting up again!!

Were you at Express on Saturday? I went Sunday looking for WJ parts. Headed to PAP in Nashville today to continue the search.

Were you at Express on Saturday? I went Sunday looking for WJ parts. Headed to PAP in Nashville today to continue the search.

I was. I had to rebuild the front end of the MJ after Jackie's little accident. New fender, bumper and header panel and she's all patched up and back on the road.

Hi-jack\\\

Truck's looking good, sporting a couple more colors now but still mo-jo-joing down the road.

Jackie was fine, as was the other driver so all good there. Thanks!

end Hi-jack///

Well took a good look at it in the sun and decided it was to far gone to make my dd sooo looking to build it up as a wheeler. Not so bad, just didn't feel like i could afford everything it would need.

20130203_153747_zpsbcc4d31a.jpg

Last edited:
Back