• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'89 XJ 4x4 4.0L Auto trans

jumpnjeep

NAXJA Forum User
Hey I'm posting this for a buddy of mine, jeep is located in Pasadena.
'89 XJ, 4.0, auto aw4 I assume. 231 t-case.

Its currently registered, still runs and drives. That's pretty much the good! This is a bone stock Xj. Good base for a build.

The bad:

If there is oil in it, its leaking.
The auto trans doesn't shift automatically anymore, needs solenoids or a new trans.
The engine probably could use a rebuild, it still runs and doesn't overheat. However its got mileage on it and hasn't been treated the best over the years.
The vacuum disco on the front axle doesn't work anymore and needs to be bypassed.
Just found out that some one broke in and stole the stereo a couple weeks ago.

So if there is any interest let me know and I can help with making any deals, my buddy works a rotating shift so he isn't always around or answer his phone.

So he is "ASKING" for $700 obo. Please make offers, I have already advised him that it really isn't worth much as it is. Here is a couple of pics.

IMG_20120407_163824.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_20120407_163841.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_20120407_163929.jpg
[/IMG]

Whats the interior look like? thrashed?

The headliner is wasted, its there but ripped all the way down the passenger side and stapled all over to hold it up.

The seats are in good condition tho, the drivers seat has a couple small rips on the bottom. The back seat looks good, and the passenger seat I'm not sure because it had a seat cover on it when I was there looking at it.

Oh yeah the dash is decent other than all the guts hanging out of it from having the stereo stolen, it doesn't look like its it broken just taken apart.

I wanna come check it out for a friend.

PM me some contact #'s and I'll call. He's motivated and looking to buy, is acceptable if we have to trailer it away..

wish i had 500! bump for a good price!

Back