• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89' lock cylinder??

Can you be more specific as to what lock? Ignition? Door? Tailgate?

Sorry, ignition. alldata has it listed as a button/retaining spring style, but parts store gave me part #LC14300, wich is a hex screw retained style(with the little retaining slot). If its the button/spring style I can just drill it out, if not i will have to pull the steering wheel, turn signal switch, locking plate...ect. just wondering if I would be better to just get two, one of each. I was hoping to get a little feedback from people with 85'-94's with tilt and floor shifter so I might know what to expect. Thanks again, Jim.

Well, there were 3 different style ignition locks from '85 to '94...... AMC, GM, and Chryco. AMC was '84 thru '85 I believe, GM style locks/keys were '86 thru '89 and then Chryco was '90 thru '94. I'm not sure, but the lock cylinder is probably different again for '95 and up when they went to the illuminated ring around the lock and air bag steering column.

I assume your '89 has the GM style keys? IIRC, you have to remove the steering wheel/turn signal stuff to get to the screw........ not 100% sure though. :dunno:

Back