• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 rear axle with disc brake conversion and D30 non-disco

Brandoson

NAXJA Forum User
8.25 rear end with Jeep Liberty disc brakes

3.55 Gears

It's on an XJ right now, so its ready to bolt in.

I'm looking to get $150 for it.

I also have a D30 non vacuum disconnect with 297 (larger u-joints)
also 3.55 gears.

Looking to get $100

thats a heck of a deal.

The good thing about the 8.25 with discs is your wheel wont fall off if you break a shaft.

If someone wants both axles, $220 for the pair.

The guy who sold it to me told me its a 29 spline.

If u run a D35 you will need a shorter driveshaft.

If u run a D35 you will need a shorter driveshaft.

not quite true. the D35 has the shortest pinion of all the rear axles offered for the xj. that means the drive shaft that accompanies the 35 is the longest. if your running a stock rig, you may need a shorter driveshaft, but if your lifted you dont. once lifted the slightly longer driveshaft means more spline engagement at the TC end, and that is a good thing. i originally had a 35 in my rig. i swapped it out for an 8.25 and all was good. alot of us have done the same thing with nothing but good results.

That's what I'm saying. If someone has a D35 and are swaping this axle in they would need a shorter driveshaft.

I guess if you are lifted high enough it would work.

I am lifted 3.5" and I tried a D35 driveshaft on my jeep after I twisted my other one in half and it would not fit, even lifting the jeep up in the rear we still could not get it on.

Looks like you will have more luck posting this in the Black Friday section... LOL

ok, Just let me know when you want to come get it.

It's in AJ at my shop, but I can have it in Gilbert if thats more convenient.

i wont be able to pick the d30 up till later this week. the jeep isnt drivable right now. hopefully by about wednesday itll be good to go and get the d30

Back