• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

5.3L Vortec V8 Conversion

i made it to page 22 of this build so far and i am currently using this thread as a base for my LSx into XJ swap.

what transfer case would you recommend i run? i've been looking around a lot on line and can find OEM GM cases but i have no idea what's good or not.
i would like to run a CL or junkyard case that i can get for around $200-300 since i do not want to buy the Novak $650 4L60e to NP231 adapter.

I'd feel confident sticking any half-ton transfer case under an XJ. 3/4 ton gear would be sick but the 4l80e is *large*.

This build leaves me conflicted about maintaining my relationship & paying the bills, or LS swapping my Jeep.

Frank Z, have you had any time to work on Your air conditioning yet? This is the one thing that would keep Me from making any kind of swap. I have to have air conditioning. I'm respiratory impaired, and when the humidity is 99% and it's 95 degrees here in Indiana, the air is a necessity. I'm researching the possibility of using the stock compressor on the 01 Cherokee with this bracket from Kwik performance. http://www.kwikperf.com/lsx_ac.html
My 4.0 is just about done with it's useful service life, so I'm planning to start either a swap, or a stroker in the spring. The swap is My first choice, but if I can't get the air conditioning issue nailed down, before I start, then I'll have to do the stroker.

?!
Park it until you can fix it. You'll regret it if you part her out - you already say you'd want to do it again. Won't be any cheaper / easier the second time...

wow. youre running a 4L60e arent you? Any thoughts why you are going through trannies but in all the stock applications they seem to be good for well over 100k miles?

You sound frustrated... I can imagine. I have a buddy doing the same thing.. built an engine with boost.. no oil pressure. Puts in a new JY engine, first time down the drag strip it blows up. And he's done.

?!
Park it until you can fix it. You'll regret it if you part her out - you already say you'd want to do it again. Won't be any cheaper / easier the second time...
Sure it will, knowledge and ability to complete it.

Granted, it would be cheaper to build a second one from scratch compared to the first, but the first one is already done ... minus a transmission problem. If money is tight, than sit on it until you can fix the transmission; it will be allot cheaper to save money to fix one thing than to save money for a complete new build. .

Back