• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4x4 question

Silent

NAXJA Forum User
What is the easiest way to go from 4x2 to 4x4? Buy a new XJ, or can you convert with an axle swap? Just curious and looking at options. Any help would be good.

Thanks,
Silent

I read an article in JP mag Apr. 2006, I guess there doing a low budget build on a comanche pick up. Anyway's they say everything is a straight bolt in project, converting from 4x2 to 4x4. I am sure that you can contact the JP mag and see what is all involved.

The EASIEST way? Buy a 4x4. Yes, the conversion can be a bolt-in project, but it's nowhere near as simple as signing the contract for a new one.

Yucca-Man said:
The EASIEST way? Buy a 4x4. Yes, the conversion can be a bolt-in project, but it's nowhere near as simple as signing the contract for a new one.

Have to agree. Unless you have all the time in the world, & or a garage it can camp out in for several weeks/ months :repair: , by a 4x4

Rob $.02

Back