• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.5 RC Long Arm Installation

95XJ_Cbiscuit70

NAXJA Forum User
Have tried a web search but no luck. I have an email into RC but thought I would post to see if someone has run into something similar.
The frame saddles at the transmission/transfer case require two bolts into the bottom of the frame. The rear most hole is one of the original crossmember mounting holes. The forward most hole had no fasteners in it. Went to install the new 10mm X 35mm bolts and found that the forward most hole appears to have steel insert inside frame with hole yet it is not threaded.
I was just going to tap the existing hole but decided to shoot RC an email to see if this has ever come up before. Has anyone else run into this issue when installing this kit?
TIA

I believe they give you a self tapping bolt to tap it in the kit... i did not notice this until after i had drilled it out and drilled a hole in the floor to put a nut on the back

Did you go to there site to see how to install it? I know if you look at the kit you have it has install download.Maybe this will help.I'm not that good on these comp.Try this
http://www.roughcountry.com/install/PERF1689.pdf
HTW.

From what i can see the 3 bolts perside are the same size, so this should help you a little.Run them thru the hole just don't over tighten them. The Couple i have done went right in after we ran the bolt thru the stock hole a couple of time to clean it out.It doesn't do much after you bolt in the side plates if you ask me

Last edited:
I tapped all the wholes carefully to clean the threads out when I did my install, the 2 for the Tcase skid have the self tappers it's all pretty self explanitory.

Thanks for the responses, have read directions a bunch of times prior to starting. I went and checked again. No threads in front hole, thinking maybe the factory onlys taps them if you have transmission skid plate. No corrosion that would clog threads. Will pick up tap tomorrow and work on over the long weekend.
Thanks

Back