• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3 inch lift and 32x11.50's

SpencerKemp

NAXJA Forum User
Will 32's fit on a 3 inch lift with bushwhacker pocket flares... or do i need to go bigger... and lift suggestions was thinking of a rough country but heard of a lot of issues of sagging after awhile :helpme:

I think the general consensus is the bushwhackers need 35" tires to look good. I think you would be ok fitment wise but I personally have not done it. I have 4.5 lift with 33. X 12.5 and I'm going to have to do some serious trimming!

Will 32's fit on a 3 inch lift with bushwhacker pocket flares... or do i need to go bigger... and lift suggestions was thinking of a rough country but heard of a lot of issues of sagging after awhile :helpme:

If you are willing to limit suspension travel by extending your bumpstops and/or trim your fenders, 32's will fit. If you aren't prepared to make these mods then it doesn't matter how much you lift your jeep, you will likely still have problems in situations requiring flex.

I think it will ok and its away to kinda hide some trimming and i think its more about how wide your tire is not how tall... but do they take away enough material to fit i really don't want to drop a lot of time and money for it not to work

Gonna take some trimming but yeah It can be done. I am running 3" with 32's now and before I wheel it I need to finish trimming the rear. My front fenders are cut pretty high already.

Here is why I am in the middle of the cut and fold on the rear fenders:
2011-04-17_10-48-59_615.jpg

217021_2023682194739_1324513952_2423354_7523738_n.jpg
[/IMG]

Or you could use some masking tape, draw a line(dont cut off too much of the rear pinch weld) and cut away with a jigsaw like i did.

sorry for the far away pic, but you get the idea of what i did front and rear. No need for fender flares lol. I have 35" MTR Kevlars

If you are willing to limit suspension travel by extending your bumpstops and/or trim your fenders, 32's will fit. If you aren't prepared to make these mods then it doesn't matter how much you lift your jeep, you will likely still have problems in situations requiring flex.
what a bunch of bullshit, i had no issues being bumpstopped with 3" and 33's maxing out 10" travel shocks, also flex aint everything
I hate the look of tj flares is the problem... I thought it's what they did on the trucks XJ...

i assume trails are tight in washington with lots o trees, you willing to spend $500 on flares just to look pretty

217021_2023682194739_1324513952_2423354_7523738_n.jpg
[/IMG]

Or you could use some masking tape, draw a line(dont cut off too much of the rear pinch weld) and cut away with a jigsaw like i did.

sorry for the far away pic, but you get the idea of what i did front and rear. No need for fender flares lol. I have 35" MTR Kevlars

Should have did the cut and fold method.....I used an angle grinder for that! :D

what a bunch of bullshit, i had no issues being bumpstopped with 3" and 33's maxing out 10" travel shocks, also flex aint everything

i assume trails are tight in washington with lots o trees, you willing to spend $500 on flares just to look pretty

Very True! You are modifying a jeep here, not a cadillac. If you focus on function instead of looks you will be happier.

The trails aren't too bad but the cops are assholes in my Cj i have been pulled over a ton for not having enough coverage and this Xj is going to be dull purpose at collage so trying to also avoid dealing with cops!:hang:

What back spacing are you going with on the rims? Just put them on and see what needs to be cut and see if you stick out past the flares.

I am running a 4" lift with 32 x 11.5 with a little trimming in the front and rear but not much I have no flares but I really dont have any issues with rubbing or anything plenty of flex and what not my backspacing is 4" and everything fits with no issues at all.
I would recommend 4" lift if youre concerned with fit but if youre more worried about width go with less backspacing and a 31" tire. But in my honest opinion the 3" with bw flares and 32s will work but itll be probably be tight and rub a bit

I'm using Canyon rims and tucks my BFG AT 32's just right under the stock trim. At around 3-4" and I just enjoy the look of the tires with relatively low lift. But proper bumpstop then you can get some real nice long shocks to add droop to make up for the 'loss' of up travel.

Back