• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2JZGTE swap this summer...

You chose well doing this to an old body style XJ. The gauge cluster adaptation will be far simpler than 97-up would have been. Not sure on a bunch of other stuff but you know more than me about most of that most likely...

Speedo/odo - will still work since you're using the stock transfer case and VSS in original form
Fuel/voltage/temp/oil pressure gauges are all individual wire-fed, with commonly available senders.

The only fun one is going to be the tach and it's single wire also, I'm not sure if it's a pulse based signal or a voltage signal but it should be fairly easy to get working either way.

How do you intend to put the NP231 on the A340? Swap tailshafts and tailcones? How are you going to feed the VSS signal to the 2JZ PCM if it needs it for trans shifting + throttle control?

Civics ALREADY lose to the XJ. :D

I know that. Its funny to see all the tards who hang out at the softball diamonds turn their heads when they see my HID's. They're like ohh another hon............oh, its a jeep. Damn ricers!

yours doesnt have a supra motor.

kept up with a tiburon GT in my lifted jeep up to 80. took a G35 up to 110 with my stroker at stock height and street tires. tried messing with a STi once. i beat him at the tree but, uhh.... yea, i beat him.

(sarcasm)

i want to see numbers on this. not that ill ever attempt or dream of doing it. but its different, and i like. i can wait for numbers, just keep the pictures flowing. :thumbup:

Again, this is simply the integration of the stock 2J with the Jeep chassis. Power-adders will come later, so will the suspension and reinforcement. Before the swap is schematics, poly bushings, tie-rod ends and ball-joints and Supra TT wheels (9.5x17 rear, 8x17 front). First thing after the swap is gonna be the posi-traction in the rear.

What rear axle does that thing have under it right now? You may want to run a ford 8.8 or a D44!

Sounds like an awesome idea so far. Gotta love it when peple think out of the box. I can't wait to see how this progresses.

Dana 35 in back, I think the 30 is up front. I won't replace it until I break it.
shouldn't take too long. my money's on the spiders,

Definitely. Attach a video camera to the frame watching the axle before you do it... I wanna see the pinion go through the housing!

Just have a real axle ready to bolt in before you try and break it.

Please don't think that I'm doubting or hating on you. This sounds like a darn good swap, I've respected the Supra motor for a long time. Just please take into your financial plans that you may need an axle sooner than later.

Noted, and I appreciate the honesty. I don't claim to be "experienced" in everything that this project is going to ultimately entail... that being said, I will be looking out for an axle swap (in case it's needed). :) Let's see where this goes. First things first, 2J cleanly in the Jeep. This is going to be AWESOME. We have several customers from the middle east. They might like this as well. I mean, the 1200 whp Supras are sweet on the street, but they have a LOT of sand over there... ya know? Personally, I can't wait...

Back