• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2014 MJ (code name Abby)

I want it back now...

I wonder what it would cost to drop mine off and then come get it looking like that? Yea I think I'm burnt out on this whole jeep thing! :hang: And seeing this does not help.....

I want it back now...
for you, my friend, $1,000,000 <austin powers voice>

You probably could for a substantial markup....
:roflmao:

I wonder what it would cost to drop mine off and then come get it looking like that? Yea I think I'm burnt out on this whole jeep thing! :hang: And seeing this does not help.....
ah, don't be sad, be inspired, oh and $1,000,000 <austin powers voice> :D J/K, although could probably make some good coin :idea:

Finally got Tags today, luck of the draw, number "0880"

Made some last minute preparations like wipers and air filter, threw some gas in it and took it for the first real run tonight about 20 miles or so, Handles extremely well and has a lot of get up and go, very impressed.

the Short Term "To do" list:
-tail pipe, hopefully tomorrow, right now it stops at the muffler
-front and rear bumper, may yank the silver jeep JCR bumper for now, I still have the stock silver jeep bumper in the attic, but once I paint it, there is no going back to silver without hassle.
-wire up license plate light, may use stock rear bumper for now
-replace power steering pump, its whining like a little B*
-Fix small fuel leak at fuel filler neck

12449126565_24eb29ce48_h.jpg

-Threw on some temp bumpers today, to be legal and all
-Installed LED lights (194 replacement) in the cargo lights for the bed, much brighter
-Installed a tailpipe, the rest of the exhaust was already in place
-cruise control works :D

12469394733_d953b269c0_h.jpg

12469734714_978c76a66a_h.jpg

12469246585_d88697b2ff_h.jpg

12469745474_8749d7187d_b.jpg

12469250705_ca1014250d_h.jpg

12470917994_2e7c026d9f_b.jpg

Made some adjustments today... (sorry if its lengthy, kinda keeping a personal journal on the MJ through out, as well)

-Fixed the fuel leak when filling, faulty hose clamp (topped it off today with No leaks !!!)
-Power steering pump was improperly bled during the swap, re-bled and no more squeal !!!
-Swapped the bored throttle body with a regular one, the bored setup had gaps around the plate causing a high idle around 1100 rpm, no noticeable difference in driving.
-Left front inner running bulb had a bad ground at the bulb, causing rapid left blinker cleaned and greased, works as it should now.
-Installed front driveshaft (installed after about 50 miles to rule out any vibrations that might have been present with the new driveline setup, no vibrations before or after, works as it should.
-wired new self grounding license plate lights (from tractor supply)

put about 100 miles on it today and also hit the BIG 250,000 mile mark !!!

12491355584_46b0a7b6af_h.jpg

where I hit 250k
12491012233_4569346c33_h.jpg

and I need to keep an eye on this, temp seems to drop down while driving and go up when stopped but this is a bit low, maybe faulty sender, even though it is new
12491370404_26c4f44176_c.jpg

Feels nice to be driving it, huh? You still amaze me at how fast you got this done. I'd still be pulling all the old stuff out...

What's the long term plan for flares?

Feels nice to be driving it, huh? You still amaze me at how fast you got this done. I'd still be pulling all the old stuff out...

What's the long term plan for flares?
yes feels damn nice to drive :D, the body is still far from perfect but for 2 jeeps that haven't seen the road in a while, its good enough for now, id rather get the mechanical kinks worked out first the come back to the body stuff. Not sure of the long term flares, probably napier, but for now i used stock 97+ front with stock MJ rear, sanded down, (which i rushed and will be doing over) then I Plasti-dipped everything for now to see how it looks

You might have a bad or stuck open tstat. That temp is pretty cold.
Thanks, tstat is new too but maybe faulty, I'll look into it, I might have a air pocket in there too, those can be a pain sometimes

12508187163_c03f3738be_h.jpg

Sweet Jesus that thing is gorgeous. The stocker flares made a huge difference.

What is this plastidip you speak of and how do you use it? It looks good.

Plasti-Dip, is a plastic paint that sticks to pretty much anything but only bonds to itself, imagine it like a spray on sticker. I bought some in a can at the home depot and use it like spray paint, if you don't like it later on you can just peel it off like a decal.

here is a video on a much larger scale, if you skip to the end you can see how it just peels off after it dries http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNY9Dx617N8

The MJ looks Awesome!!! gotta love finally getting to drive it after all the hard work!

got a couple hundred miles on it now, the ride is great, hit the back roads on this nice sunny day... (got some body work to finish up on the bed but my main concern is putting some miles on the current configuration and rule out any major mechanical problems,I'll save the body stuff for a rainy day)

12574306845_446226330d_h.jpg

12574828164_8ce93af453_h.jpg

Come work on mine…….pleeeeeeease!!!!

Back