• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2013 calendar

Israel

NAXJA Forum User
Obviously we're having a hard time coming up with a meeting time that we can get together, but we still have work that can be done over the internets.

I'd like to get a calendar posted for the members this week so we have some direction on what's happening this year. Is there any strong opposition to continuing the monthly rides and M&G's?

I'm also very interested in scheduling an Idaho run even though turnout will be low. We've had 3 or 4 members interested and I'd like for them to feel their voice is heard.

Sounds good. I am currently going through the home buying process at the moment and my time is limited for a short period.
Idaho run would be great IMO, I may not be able to make it but I am all for it. M&Gs on a monthly basis is still a priority I think. I can make most all of those no problem. Do we decide now on where to go or have a TBD type solution? Of course dates should be set along with a big BBQ. I may just have the right kind of establishments to have one at my home now.
As for trails... I am not your guy to plan those. Maybe some up north would be cool and AF canyon for sure.

Sounds good. I am currently going through the home buying process at the moment and my time is limited for a short period.
Idaho run would be great IMO, I may not be able to make it but I am all for it. M&Gs on a monthly basis is still a priority I think. I can make most all of those no problem. Do we decide now on where to go or have a TBD type solution? Of course dates should be set along with a big BBQ. I may just have the right kind of establishments to have one at my home now.
As for trails... I am not your guy to plan those. Maybe some up north would be cool and AF canyon for sure.

I'd like to avoid TBD as much as possible. My goal with the calendar is to have firm places and dates that people can plan around.

I'd really like to do the BBQ in the south salt lake valley area. I think it's a good central location for a bigger event like that, so if that's where you're looking to buy, then I'll gladly do it at your place.

What about our chapter event for the year? Moab in the spring? Sand Hollow? Geocache? Uintas overnighter?

Also, I'd really like to do a chapter M&G and go shooting somewhere. Maybe meet out in the desert? Or we could hit a range since some of the newer shooters may feel safer there. I'd promote it as an event that the inexperienced can come to and be shown the basics in a comfortable environment.

Plus I want to try and get Ryan out there with his AR10. :D

I am in favor of the monthly Meet and Greet and posting a schedule for rides. You gave the group enough time for feedback, so use what they said, construct a calendar and we as a group will live with it.

Something to keep in mind...

Feb 22nd Take Back Utah is holding a rally. They wanted to do it while the Legislature is in session.

Yes, I know it's a Friday and I know a lot of people wont be able to go. Still I think we should push as many people as we can into going. It's a pretty important deal.

I posted a couple things for Feb. and something for March in the public forum. Here's what I've got for the rest of the year.

April 13th
IC Shootout at Ryan's secret desert spot

May 18th
Overnighter to Sand Hollow

June 15th
Trail Run to AF Canyon

July 13th
Trail Run to Providence Canyon

Aug. 17th
Overnighter in the Uintas

Sept. 14th
Trail Run to Hanging Tree

Oct. 8th-12th
30th Anniversary Event in Moab!

Nov. 9th
Trail Run on the Pony Express Trail

December 7th
Snow Run

Something will get bumped to make room for the Idaho trip, but what that will be depends on who is willing to show us around and when is best for their schedule.

I'm planning on Sand Hollow for our Chapter Run. Any thoughts?

I think it looks good except the sand hollow one, I'd see how many is interested first. Our sand hollow trip had two members show and both of which didn't know it was a chapter run lol

Also when were you thinking a price run? I would go with the swell before price mainly because of the gray with the trails being closed. But that's just me.

Last edited:
Also are the meet n greets part if the runs or you going to do those separate?

I think it looks good except the sand hollow one, I'd see how many is interested first. Our sand hollow trip had two members show and both of which didn't know it was a chapter run lol

Also when were you thinking a price run? I would go with the swell before price mainly because of the gray with the trails being closed. But that's just me.

I'll post a thread to gauge Sand Hollow interest.

Price trails being closed? We could do a Swell run instead of Price if trail availability is a problem.

Also are the meet n greets part if the runs or you going to do those separate?

They're separate. I haven't added them in yet, but they will be north of SLC, in SLC, and south of SLC.

Re: Re: 2013 calendar

I'll post a thread to gauge Sand Hollow interest.

Price trails being closed? We could do a Swell run instead of Price if trail availability is a problem.

They're separate. I haven't added them in yet, but they will be north of SLC, in SLC, and south of SLC.

Ya the trails in price are technically closed but not officially. And in the blm's own words, their incompetent and screwed up. We can run them and there's nothing that can be done if caught since they're are no signs. But, since they are not on any rmp we could be ticketed ( the whole know before you go thing) now we can get out of the ticket easily as someone I know found out, but gotta take a day off work and goto court plead the case yadda yadda. So to me its not worth it to do them as a large group. IMO.

Cool on the M&G's I was just curious cause that worked well for us. Other than everyone complaining of no greet up north yet no one showed to the ones we did have LOL

Eh, I'd rather avoid any legal trouble on an official chapter run.

We could do the Swell in November instead of the Pony Express Trail. I'd rather do the Swell, but we may get better turnout with the PET.

Re: Re: 2013 calendar

Eh, I'd rather avoid any legal trouble on an official chapter run.

We could do the Swell in November instead of the Pony Express Trail. I'd rather do the Swell, but we may get better turnout with the PET.

Agreed, that's why I never did it as a chapter run.

And most likely the PET is closer.

If it will help I can put together the M&G list.
I would like to post a thread to open up suggestions for good "eats" outside of the SLC area.

What month would the BBQ be best in? Should it be separate from a chapter run?

If we wanted to... I have a pretty good sized yard that is fenced in and could host a BBQ now. Got the keys to my new abode last saturday.

Last edited:
Congrats on the new casa. I'm thinking of June for the BBQ and if you can host it, that would be awesome. It would be the M&G for the month, of course.

If you wouldn't mind scheduling the Meet and Greets, I'd certainly appreciate it.

If it will help I can put together the M&G list.

Chris, I've been slacking (distracted is probably more accurate) and only now just got the trail run schedule posted up in the chapter info thread. When you get a minute, can you add the meet and greets?

Back