• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2-Stroke oil as fuel injector cleaner???

91to99

NAXJA Forum User
A co-worker of mine heard from his mechanic friend of 20 years that you can put 2-stroke oil in your gas to eliminate carbon deposits and such.....

One of those friend of a friend things that i am curious about.. Seems kinda "off" to me.

Has anyone ever heard of this? Opinions?

Sure would make for some cheap injector cleaner

If you are going to run anything, run a couple of ounces of ATF, but why not do it right and run a can of BG44K?

Sounds kind of off to me too. Not sure, but the 2-stroke oil is made to burn off in the combustion chamber. Not sure it would do any good in the intake manifold. As it would never get a chance to burn off, I think it might just carbonize on the backs of the intake valves.

A co-worker of mine heard from his mechanic friend of 20 years that you can put 2-stroke oil in your gas to eliminate carbon deposits and such.....

One of those friend of a friend things that i am curious about.. Seems kinda "off" to me.

Has anyone ever heard of this? Opinions?

Sure would make for some cheap injector cleaner

Ever took the head off a two stroke oil impregnated gasoline outboard? They have tons of carbon on the cyliner heads, piston crowns and exhaust ports. If I was to use an injector cleaner, I would use something designed for that specific purpose.

Ever took the head off a two stroke oil impregnated gasoline outboard? They have tons of carbon on the cyliner heads, piston crowns and exhaust ports. If I was to use an injector cleaner, I would use something designed for that specific purpose.
x2... those things get pretty gross inside. I'd run an actual injector cleaner.

images

Back