• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2.5l missing

Mud zjerk

NAXJA Forum User
Have a slight miss / studder / hesitation when accelerating. Can't really feel it in 1st and 2nd, but 3rd, 4th, and 5th I can. I did a can of seafoam through the intake, and a can in the tank. Cleaned out the TB, and after that, I put in new plugs, wires, cap and rotor. It did nothing to help. Gas milage went down a little. I'm not getting a CEL? What can it be? Any of you guys ever have anything like this happen? No vacum leaks, newer O2 sensors. Thanks.

1999 XJ 2dr 2.5l, 5 speed, 4x4 106,000 miles.

Do a compression test and see if it is all good. I would also do a leak down test. You may have a cracked head. It may be timing related and the spark is getting blown out. Many different possiabilities.

i would guess put new o2's in. After u put seafoam it cleans all the sludge and gunk out and sometimes not all of it burns leaving the exhaust port. Then that shit covers the o2 sensors, then in response to that the computer runs shit rich because the o2 are out of whack. Then bad gas mileage and leads to hesitation and boggyness ur talking about.

Back