• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1992 XJ Steering Column

korda

NAXJA Forum User
1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo Steering column.

One of a few things I have left from my parted out rig. Had cruise control if it matters. Grey in color.

$50 obo

if you want John you can leave it at my place in Riverside...

Hey Josh,
Might be interested. I have a loose column in one of my 88 XJ's.
Had a lock and key guy I deal with says he can fix it no problem.
I'm thinkin I'll give him a shot at it. The last column I replaced took about 3 to 4 hours. Kinda a pain in the *ss unless ya have sticks for arms.
If he no can do, I'll buy it if ya still have it.

Russ

I still have this taking up space in my garage.

Grey, tilt, cruise control. It's in great condition. Complete with steering wheel (which I think is removed but there).

$50 obo

did the turn signals and horn work when pulled?

any idea how hard it is to put in?

IslanderOffRoad said:
any idea how hard it is to put in?

Not hard at all, you just need 2 people. One to line up the steering shaft on the box the other to line the column and hold it from the inside.

Dont ask how I know this. Just that it is pretty fresh in my mind from a recent swap.

Leep

If someone can parts train it to simi valley, i'll take it. I just can't get down to SD for a while.

IslanderOffRoad said:
If someone can parts train it to simi valley, i'll take it. I just can't get down to SD for a while.
if it can get to me i can hold it for ya till you come into port John.

GrimmJeeper said:
if it can get to me i can hold it for ya till you come into port John.

sounds good, thanks Grimm!

Back