• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1990 4.0L non-HO

robert stalberger

NAXJA Forum User
I recently replaced my engine in my 90 limited and now I have an old one sitting around. I've called around trying to get rid of it at machine shops, but none are interested in buying engines, just rebuilding them. This would be perfect for someone wanting to build a Stroker. I have already dismantled the head from the block and this doesn't come with the fuel injection or any electronics. When I took the head off, 3 of the pistons had small holes in the tops and I called around trying to figure out why this would happen. Appearently the girl who owned it before me liked to drive the XJ until it got really hot. There is some small areas of scourching on the cylinder walls, but if you plan on Stroking it you have to get it bored anyway, which will eliminate all of this. It is out of a 1990 limited and had 162,000 when pulled. I will sell the lower and top end for $250 together, or the block for $200 and head for $75. I live in Vista, Ca., about 35 miles north of San Diego. I will not ship and will accomodate anyone with delivery up to 30 miles for the block, after that, I need help with gas money. If you just want the head alone, it will be local pick up or delivery up to 15 miles.

Back